Is the build.settings file ignored for Corona Native projects?

Apologies if this has been asked before. I looked through the forums, but as you can imagine searching on  “build.settings” turns up just about every topic.

So my question is, is the build.settings file completely (partially?) ignored for Corona native projects? I had a hard time finding an official answer in the documentation. The most official answer I was able to find was in the splash screen control plugin docs.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/CoronaSplashControl/index.html

But I wasn’t sure if this applied to the splash screen plugin or the build.settings file as a whole. If it’s the latter, would recommend this be mentioned in the Corona Native docs. 

The answer is it’s mostly ignored. The plugins section is used by the download scripts to get the plugins needed. I believe the orientation block is used. Beyond that it’s expected that you will use Xcode to configure items in the Info.plist or the AndroidManifest.xml in Android Studio.

Rob

The answer is it’s mostly ignored. The plugins section is used by the download scripts to get the plugins needed. I believe the orientation block is used. Beyond that it’s expected that you will use Xcode to configure items in the Info.plist or the AndroidManifest.xml in Android Studio.

Rob