is there a way of exporting code snippets?

Hi,

as subject really

would be handy to be able to export them,

Rob [import]uid: 2131 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 317137[/import]

Any one else know what he is asking? [import]uid: 79135 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64468[/import]

Anddrew has a good question, what are you trying to accomplish? If English is a 2nd language, please describe what your are asking for.

I’m guessing you have source code you’d like to reuse later? Just open a new editor window and copy and paste your snippet then save as…

[import]uid: 96411 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64499[/import]

English is my first language, I both READ and write in it. I posted this in the corona project manager section of the forum, as indicated at the top, ‘forums>>3rd party tools>>corona project manager’ , there is a handy little function of cpm that is snippets, which allows you to enter code snippets and store and access them easily, I am after a way to export all the snippets at once. Thanks for your help and i’ll look up this ‘copy and paste’ of which you speak, it sounds useful :wink:

Rob [import]uid: 2131 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64503[/import]

Apologies Rob, did not mean to insult your intelligence. That new fangled cut & paste stuff is pretty star wars like. :7)

-David [import]uid: 96411 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64515[/import]

/Library/Application Support/CoronaProjectManager/cpm.rsd

cpm.rsd is a database, copy and paste that. [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64518[/import]

@david97 no worries, i have a tendency to be overly sarcastic and you were only trying to help!

@lano78 I assume that will also include my projects etc. I am just after an easy way to get the snippets out, Jay says on the share your code bit of his site that he is working on something, just wondered if anyone had done it already in some nifty fashion,

thanks,

Rob [import]uid: 2131 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64525[/import]

I think it has everything in it, just open it in some sql app and see what’s in it.

I have a bunch of snippets but I haven’t really set them up like Jay ment it to be, mine is a bunch of various functions but some are actually assets based and do work.

What I would like to see is a new layout of CPM, now its like this;

| Projects | Current Project Files |
| … |------Tabs------- |
| … |… Editor… |

Where as I would like it like this;

| Projects | Current Project Files | Snippets
| …| ------Tabs------- |
|… | …Editor…|

And when you set an active project you would get this layout;

|Current Project Files | ------Tabs------- | Snippets
| … | … Editor…| …
| … | … | …

And when you double click a snippet it get inserted at current line also while I’m at it, split view of editor so you can have either a file of the terminal in one and of course have tabs in each window.
Sorry…thread hiijack… :slight_smile:

[import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64528[/import]

yeah, i’m sure it has everything in, I was just after an easy way and like you i use it for all sorts of functions etc

and i like the double click insert idea! [import]uid: 2131 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64530[/import]

I guess that is in relation to CPM, where he would want to either create snippets from code by drag/drop type operations or export the snippets saved in CPM to a file.

anything else, I am as clueless about this message as anyone else.

cheers,

?:slight_smile: [import]uid: 3826 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64556[/import]

No way to export code snippets right now.

And yes, the snippets feature could be waaaaay cool instead of just neat if it was easier to use the snippets.

Snippets and the Library are two things that really need a makeover. That *should* happen in the near future, but I’m wrangling other (less interesting but more important) code in CPM right now.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 17137 reply_id: 64591[/import]