Is there a way to capture just a part of the image?

I want to “cut” a part of a display object (or image), and put it into another object’s fill property. Is this even possible to achieve?

Give some code examples, please.

Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do? Is this a one-time thing, or regularly updated?

In the case of an image, if you know the file, its size, and such, you can just use a sprite or an image that uses a sheet. Meshes are another way to go if you need non-rectangular regions (although these use normalized–0 to 1–coordinates, rather than pixels) and / or will be changing the region in question.

A middle ground, if you don’t need to keep your original object or can make a copy, is to draw it into a canvas and combine that with one of the previous techniques.

I think this is just what I need.

However, what do I need to do if it’s a loop-regularly updated thing? Update with timers?
Also, does moving cost as such amount of resources that better not to try it?

Thanks for fast response.

Sure, timers or enterFrame.

There are also snapshots, which might be easier if you’re just trying to do a little picture-in-picture camera or something. (Also forgot image sheet paints as an option.)

On that last point, is this anything like what you want? (I figured roaminggamer must have something.  :))

Sorry for late response,

Is not what I was looking for but thank you anyway!

Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do? Is this a one-time thing, or regularly updated?

In the case of an image, if you know the file, its size, and such, you can just use a sprite or an image that uses a sheet. Meshes are another way to go if you need non-rectangular regions (although these use normalized–0 to 1–coordinates, rather than pixels) and / or will be changing the region in question.

A middle ground, if you don’t need to keep your original object or can make a copy, is to draw it into a canvas and combine that with one of the previous techniques.

I think this is just what I need.

However, what do I need to do if it’s a loop-regularly updated thing? Update with timers?
Also, does moving cost as such amount of resources that better not to try it?

Thanks for fast response.

Sure, timers or enterFrame.

There are also snapshots, which might be easier if you’re just trying to do a little picture-in-picture camera or something. (Also forgot image sheet paints as an option.)

On that last point, is this anything like what you want? (I figured roaminggamer must have something.  :))

Sorry for late response,

Is not what I was looking for but thank you anyway!