Is turn-based multiplayer supported ?

Chris - its been a few months since you posted the above… any update?

We are close getting early access - ETA is early January.

Can you say anything about pricing?

Pricing is not finalized, but We plan to price on CCU (Concurrent Users).

20CCU will be free and higher CCUs will be cheaper than our Realtime product.

Sounds great, hope you plan to keep your indie price plan for turn based as well.

We are cranking to get it live - we hope to make it this week.

ZOH

MG!!11!1!!1

Can’t wait to make it happen. Keep us posted!!

Any news on this?

We just launched Photon Turnbased in early access yesterday: https://www.exitgames.com/en/Turnbased

>> BUT we do NOT support a Corona SDK yet - ETA is in February.

In Photon Turnbased we provide “webhooks”: These are HTTP callbacks for events like game create/close, player join/leave, events … Webhooks are scripted in LUA - which is a perfect fit with Corona.

Chris

Glad it’s in early access now, but that’s a bummer that a Corona SDK isn’t available.  There isn’t a way for Corona Devs to use your turnbased product until that happens, correct?  If so, a Corona SDK cannot happen soon enough for me.  I am evaluating cross-platform multiplayer solutions for an app that is already in production and am waiting anxiously to try this out.  Any pricing published yet?

SDK is a must for me. When Corona Cloud didn’t happen, I’ve been DEFINITELY keeping my eye out for something that seamlessly blends in native with Corona. You guys did it for Unity, I know you won’t let us down for Corona, Chris. Right?! :wink: See you in February, or whenever. We know stuff happens to deadlines!!

-Mario

What if we want to get started with Photon Cloud Real-time and switch to Photon Cloud Turn-based when it’s available? Is the API the same? Also, how would that affect the accounts we’ve signed up for, and products we’ve purchased. Can we switch horses mid-stream? Thanks for your help!

It’s February  :wub:

FYI - we started porting of the Corona SDK.

Killer Chris, keep us posted!  :slight_smile:

-Mario

Indeed. Sooner the better :slight_smile:

Its a similar API, but turnbased will extend the existing API, e.g.

• option to rejoin games

• web hooks for server side logic

FYI: We plan to start early access next week.

You can cancel a subscription anytime and create a new one.

Excellent! Can you provide any further details about the upcoming “early access”? Will that be available for everyone? My app is more suited for turn-based play and I’m looking to dive into multiplayer ASAP. Thanks for your help!

I just want to say I’ll be keeping an eye on PhotonCLoud! I played FALLING WORDS by RT GAMING and Multiplayer is working very well, thnx to Photon CLoud. so I think I’ll use it as well. 

Photon Rox!

I will post the details here - early access is not planned to be restricted.