Issue Installing Provisioning Profile - HELP!

This is my first time creating a iOS build. When I’m trying to install my development provisioning profile I get this message:
Failed to install one or more provisioning profiles on the device.

I’ve recheck and all setup is ok, so what could be causing this?

What do you mean you are trying to install it? It’s just a credentials file and shouldn’t need to be installed anywhere.
I just drop them into this directory on my Mac and have no need to install them:
/Users/me/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

@aclementerodrguez ,
Did you add your iOS device’s UDID to dev provision profile on Apple developer console ?

Hey @alanFlickGames according to the documentation you have to install it.
Take a look at this page:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/iOSBuild/index.html#creating-provisioning-profiles

3. Next, download and install the provisioning profile (click the Download button and then double-click the file).

I want to test my game before submit the production build, and for both method (development and production) you need to install your provisioning profile.

Yes, I did

Do you have Xcode installed on your machine?

Of course @colinmorgan even I have the most recent versions of MacOS and Xcode.

Also, how could I refresh my provisioning profiles, because in the new Xcode version there is not the preferences section?

No offense- just always a good idea to confirm baseline assumptions. :smiley:
Next question, do you have an iOS App Development / iOS Distribution certificate installed in Keychain Access?

No problem, I am not offended :ok_hand:

Yes, I do. I’ve created a development certificate first. As I said before, I’ve re-check and all my previous steps are ok.

This might seem like another silly suggestion, but have you made sure that any connected phones are unlocked when trying to install the profile?
I seem to recall having a problem once because I had an iPhone connected which was locked, even though I wasn’t even at the stage of trying to do anything with the device at that point.

Yes @alanFlickGames I’ve made sure of that too. BTW, what iOS SDK should I’ve to choose for the build, 16.4 or 16.4 Metal?
What does it mean to select a device in the dropdown list of available devices when building?

1. 16.4
  2. Select a device? Are you Talking about “Supported Devices”?

Thanks @colinmorgan , I got it now. I’ve realized that that option is for Xcode iOS simulator.

So, are you all set now, or are you still unable to build?

Well, I don’t know what happens @colinmorgan , I’ve check the Provisioning Profiles folder on my Mac and my provisioning profile is installed, nevertheless when I did double click on the provisioning profile to install it, in the developer portal the profile does not show marked as Active in the status column.

And I’m getting this error trying to create my build:

ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: object file (/Users/myusername/Desktop/myappname.app/.build/plugin.admob/FirebaseAnalyticsSwift.framework/FirebaseAnalyticsSwift(FirebaseAnalyticsSwift_vers.o)) was built for newer iOS version (13.0) than being linked (11.0)

Ah- but that’s a different problem entirely! :smiley:

You’re getting the classic BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

What the error message you’re getting is telling you is that Firebase requires a minimum iOS version of 13, but your app is being built to be usable on iOS 11.

Try setting MinimumOSVersion = "13.0" in the iphone plist table in build.settings.

Great … that parameter is not documented

Hey @Scott_Harrison this is my first time building for iOS and I’ve noted that the parameter MinimumOSVersion is not documented.

The best way to get issues like that addressed is to go to the docs page on GitHub and register a New Issue. (Green button in the upper, right-hand corner.)

Perhaps suggest that it be added to https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html#iOSsettings

Thank you @colinmorgan I’m testing my game in my iPhone :smiley:

1 Like