Issue with ad positioning in xcode simulator

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue. I built from Cider and run from xcode simulator. The problem is when I do a lunar.showLunar() with x = 0 and y = 200, the ad is appearing almost at the bottom of the screen. My config.lua has width = 320, height = 480 and scale = “letterbox” so I’m very puzzled why this is the case? Assuming the banner is 320 by 50, then y = 430 if I want to position the banner at the bottom of the screen but if I set y = 430, I can’t even see the gray box which appear when the ad is being loaded. Using yAlign = “bottom” also does not show the gray box. I’m using v1.8 of lunar.lua and v2012.894 of Corona SDK.

Another question I have is on the impressions shown in the Lunar Channel Report. I see close to 50 impressions for adMob but 0 impressions in the adMob site. Is this because my app is not published in appstore/playstore yet or because all these impressions are registered today (I was trying to resolve the ad positioning issue)?

Thanks for any help.

Ben [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 330612[/import]

Sorry for the scaling issue. Have you set your app parameters in the channel info from the LunarAds.com dashboard?
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122760[/import]

By they way, it sounds official that Google has dropped support for the javascript API so to continue to use Admob you’ll have to embed their SDK (which is a detriment to the service imo) , or impliment Google Adsense (soon to be supported on LunarAds…

[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122761[/import]

Thanks for your fast response.

Yes, I specified the screen width & height in the LunarAds channel page.

I have 2 channels for the same game - one on iOS and one on Android. On both, I have specified the width and height. The strange thing is that when I build for Android and install on my Android phone, the Valign = “bottom” works. Simiarly for specifying y = 430. This prob only occurs for iOS.

On my 2nd qn on why Admob is not displaying any impressions, I’ve also specified Inneractive ID in LunarAds channel page. On LunarAds, it’s showing 11 Inneractive impressions but in actual Inneractive page, no impressions are shown.

Ben [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122799[/import]

I’m not too familiar with Cider so I’m wondering if there is something bizzare they are doing in the build to cause some weirdness in IOS. We’d be glad to take a look at your code for you and help you spot the problems. Contact us offline through the support form at https://lunarads.com/?page=Contact_Us so we can get your email address to get started.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122805[/import]

Another strange thing. I see in the output window in Cider the following error:

Lunar Ads: Error - Doesn’t support WebView. Defaulting to WebPopup.
Lunar Ads: Please use Corona Builds (863+ Android, 840+ iOS

But I’m already using Corona 2012.894. So what could be the prob?
Ben [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122813[/import]

Hi Ben,
Can you send me a link to Cider? I’d like to look into exactly what it’s doing on build…

Rich
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122815[/import]

It’s listed in the 3rd party tools link in Corona at:
http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/CIDER/

BTW, I just tried with the sample Lunar Ads codes provided. I changed the channel and pub ID to my iOS details and ensured that “show Interstital ads” is unchecked. Changed vAlign to “bottom”. Then run in Cider -> Build Main Project (hammer icon) -> File -> Build -> iOS -> Build for xCode.

And again the ad is not shown at the bottom. [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122836[/import]

I think what is throwing us is that you said you are using “xcode” with Cider but calling Lunar functions. Do you mean you are using Cider to program Lua? That would make more sense.
I still think this is something Cider related but we are downloading it now and will report back in a few.

Rich

[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122837[/import]

I have Cider running with Lunar Ads SDK 1.8 just fine but we are loading it in the Corona simulator. I’m not seeing a “build for xcode” anywhere in the file menu. Does the eval version support that? [import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122840[/import]

We spent most of today tracking this down and think we got it! As it turns out there is a bug in the Corona use of Webviews (logged here http://developer.coronalabs.com/forum/2012/09/06/webviews-not-positioning-correctly)

There is a new SDK on our website (http://lunarads.com) you can get now that should correct this issue for you - please read the updated documentation inside the SDK to insure ads display correctly, or just avoid using web views for now by setting useWebView = false, when calling LunarAds until Corona addresses the bug.

Rich [import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122944[/import]

Sorry for the scaling issue. Have you set your app parameters in the channel info from the LunarAds.com dashboard?
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122760[/import]

By they way, it sounds official that Google has dropped support for the javascript API so to continue to use Admob you’ll have to embed their SDK (which is a detriment to the service imo) , or impliment Google Adsense (soon to be supported on LunarAds…

[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122761[/import]

Thanks for your fast response.

Yes, I specified the screen width & height in the LunarAds channel page.

I have 2 channels for the same game - one on iOS and one on Android. On both, I have specified the width and height. The strange thing is that when I build for Android and install on my Android phone, the Valign = “bottom” works. Simiarly for specifying y = 430. This prob only occurs for iOS.

On my 2nd qn on why Admob is not displaying any impressions, I’ve also specified Inneractive ID in LunarAds channel page. On LunarAds, it’s showing 11 Inneractive impressions but in actual Inneractive page, no impressions are shown.

Ben [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122799[/import]

I’m not too familiar with Cider so I’m wondering if there is something bizzare they are doing in the build to cause some weirdness in IOS. We’d be glad to take a look at your code for you and help you spot the problems. Contact us offline through the support form at https://lunarads.com/?page=Contact_Us so we can get your email address to get started.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122805[/import]

Another strange thing. I see in the output window in Cider the following error:

Lunar Ads: Error - Doesn’t support WebView. Defaulting to WebPopup.
Lunar Ads: Please use Corona Builds (863+ Android, 840+ iOS

But I’m already using Corona 2012.894. So what could be the prob?
Ben [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122813[/import]

Hi Ben,
Can you send me a link to Cider? I’d like to look into exactly what it’s doing on build…

Rich
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122815[/import]

It’s listed in the 3rd party tools link in Corona at:
http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/CIDER/

BTW, I just tried with the sample Lunar Ads codes provided. I changed the channel and pub ID to my iOS details and ensured that “show Interstital ads” is unchecked. Changed vAlign to “bottom”. Then run in Cider -> Build Main Project (hammer icon) -> File -> Build -> iOS -> Build for xCode.

And again the ad is not shown at the bottom. [import]uid: 164013 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122836[/import]

I think what is throwing us is that you said you are using “xcode” with Cider but calling Lunar functions. Do you mean you are using Cider to program Lua? That would make more sense.
I still think this is something Cider related but we are downloading it now and will report back in a few.

Rich

[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122837[/import]

I have Cider running with Lunar Ads SDK 1.8 just fine but we are loading it in the Corona simulator. I’m not seeing a “build for xcode” anywhere in the file menu. Does the eval version support that? [import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 30612 reply_id: 122840[/import]