Issue with Build server just today

In the final stages of testing a game App and have built it onto my iPhone many, many times. Did it multiple times yesterday but today it just hangs at ‘authorizing build’ step.

Request timed out, error 11.

I’m connected fine to the internet. I haven’t changed anything to build settings nothing. Just some bug fixing to core code but nothing that would alter being able to build.

Is there something with build server today?

Which Solar2D version are you using?

I’m using the latest but I was also using an older version from 2018 that I been using for months without issue. I used latest just to make sure wasn’t something like that. I’m not sure was testing adverts so was building one after another so not sure if account got disabled or weird like that.

Had no issues up to today.

Apparently, there’s been an outage. Found out just now that this was being an active topic in the Discord channel :slight_smile:

Link to the actual message

Interesting- still could not reach server as of now. I will try later.

So this mean we can only do offline builds… ?

Still unable to authorize build, help?

• Tried now with build 2020.3599 and it’s working for Android, Windows and HTML5 builds.
  • Installed and tried with build 2020.3611 and it’s also working for all the platforms above.

(I checked the Discord and haven’t seen anybody else mention that there’s still a problem.)

Are you still trying Corona builds? Switching to Solar2D builds is highly encouraged.

Thanks - but this is for iOS and I’m copying to device… it hangs on authorizing build. I’ve done this literally hundreds of times and never had issue. So just odd if it’s on my end as I haven’t changed my setup. What would cause it to not connect when trying to authorize? My internet works fine and the correct certs and identifiers are setup with iOS.

There isn’t anything on server that maybe automatically bans a user if it’s being used repeatedly to prevent flooding?

Have you tried building a sample project, a Hello World application to see if the problem occurs on that too? Maybe there’s something we are missing out here.

Ahh Thanks for the responses - I’ll try opening a sample project and see if that builds/copy to device…

You got me thinking I may have inadvertently done something in the ‘build.settings’ file when messing with the advert stuff- as I’m assuming that’s the first thing the system looks at during the ‘authorizing build’ status…?

Won’t be able to test until later tonight but I appreciate the input. Will update later after I test a few things on my end

1 Like

So I opened and tried building with sample files included with corona and same issue…

Not sure what to do at this point

—EDIT, I used the Solar 3611 and fixed issue. I guess the Corona version is slowly being transitioned out, thanks! Everything good!

1 Like

Glad it’s solved. Good luck!

So is this really the issue? Corona SDK is being transitioned out and only newer Solar builds are working? I’m having the same issue — error 11.

I’m currently forced to use an older Corona build due to being on an older Mac that cannot run the newest XCode. This hasn’t been an issue for me during development, but obviously I will need to get a newer machine to compile my final versions when I want to deploy this thing. I was just hoping to be able to continue along in this manner until a bit closer to my release, since I was able to work on the game this way, and even test on my devices, albeit with an older release of the SDK (and required OS).

Bummer if so, as it means an investment in a new device (or a rental) that I’d rather put off as long as possible. Any other options for Building with an older version of the SDK?

Cheers,
zane

Oops! I guess nevermind! The latest build — which I just went ahead and downloaded and tried — still let me compile, even though the SDK is an older version and the BUILD window says the iOS SDK is UNSUPPORTED (and does not match).

So I guess I’m okay with the older XCode/SDK for now, and can continue to work! Hooray! (Also get the fancy new Solar logo. Heh.)

zane