Issue with CoronaViewer Plugin during build - "BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app"

Hi,

I’ve been trying to reinstall CoronaViewer in my device, and when I build the project I get an error that “there was a problem linking the app”. I did a test with the build.settings file where I removed all the plugins and building to the device works fine, so that leads me to believe that there is an issue with the plugins, not only the corona viewer plugin.

I appreciate any help you can provide to fix this issue:

Here is what I get from the console:

Aug 24 18:56:30.235: 

Copyright © 2009-2015  C o r o n a   L a b s   I n c .

Aug 24 18:56:30.237: Version: 3.0.0

Aug 24 18:56:30.237: Build: 2015.2700

Aug 24 18:56:30.264: Platform: iPhone / x86_64 / 10.10.5 / Apple Software Renderer / 2.1 APPLE-11.1.2 / 2015.2700

Aug 24 18:56:30.346: Loading project from:   ~/Downloads/CoronaViewer-master

Aug 24 18:56:30.347: Project sandbox folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Corona Simulator/CoronaViewer-master-69B5BAB11F6F418356750BA2DEACBCF1

Aug 24 18:56:31.735: Warning The ‘viewer’ plugin is designed to be used on device.

Aug 24 18:56:53.584: Using Custom Build Id 00000

CoronaViewer-master.app/

CoronaViewer-master.app/embedded.mobileprovision

CoronaViewer-master.app/MainWindow-iPad.nib

CoronaViewer-master.app/Default-568h@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/resource.car

CoronaViewer-master.app/PkgInfo

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_onOff_mask.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_dark@4x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_light@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_light@4x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_light.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_onOff_mask_android_holo.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_ios7@4x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_ios7.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_ios@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_pickerWheel_mask.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/Info.plist

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_dark.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_ios7@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_android_holo_dark@2x.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaResources.bundle/widget_theme_ios.png

CoronaViewer-master.app/Info.plist

CoronaViewer-master.app/metadata.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/_CodeSignature/

CoronaViewer-master.app/_CodeSignature/CodeResources

CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaSDK3rdPartyLicenses.txt

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/plugin.viewer/

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/plugin.viewer/libplugin_viewer.a

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/plugin.viewer/metadata.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/Defaults.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/build.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate/BuilderUtils.lua

CoronaViewer-master.app/MainWindow.nib

Using additional build settings from: /Users/Hector/Downloads/CoronaViewer-master/build.settings

Contents of ZIP file from server:

Server dir name: CoronaViewer-master.app

Server app name: CoronaViewer-master (local name: CoronaViewer-master)

builder: buildOptions: {

“dstDir”:"/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app",

“dstName”:“CoronaViewer-master”,

“dstPath”:"/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app/CoronaViewer-master",

“librarySearchPaths”:["/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate"],

“pluginsDir”:"/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app/.build",

“settings”:{

“orientation”:{

“default”:“portrait”,

“supported”:[“landscapeLeft”,“landscapeRight”,“portrait”,“portraitUpsideDown”]

},

“corona_sdk_simulator_path”:"/Applications/CoronaSDK-2700/Corona Simulator.app",

“iphone”:{

“plist”:{

“CFBundleURLTypes”:[{

“CFBundleURLSchemes”:[“db-l1q0pln8qsi8qyp”]

}]

}

},

“plugins”:{

“plugin.viewer”:{

“publisherId”:“com.coronalabs”

}

}

},

“tmpDir”:"/var/folders/df/3l_frdx50xl2015dckz1sg1r0000gn/T/CLtmp4EYkww",

“verbose”:0

}

Analyzing plugins…

Done.

Compiling Slices…

Compiling architecture: armv7

<execute>cd “/var/folders/df/3l_frdx50xl2015dckz1sg1r0000gn/T/CLtmp4EYkww/armv7”;unset LIBRARY_PATH; export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=6; export PATH="/Volumes/HD710 BLACK CCC/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/:/Volumes/HD710 BLACK CCC/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin";/Volumes/HD710 BLACK CCC/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -stdlib=libstdc++ -arch armv7 -isysroot /Volumes/HD710 BLACK CCC/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.4.sdk -ObjC -all_load -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=6 -L"/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/libtemplate" -L"/Users/Hector/Desktop/CoronaViewer-master.app/.build/plugin.viewer" -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework GameKit -framework GLKit -framework ImageIO -framework MapKit -framework MediaPlayer -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework StoreKit -framework SystemConfiguration -framework UIKit -weak_framework Foundation -weak_framework Twitter -lobjc -lsqlite3 -ltemplate -lplugin_viewer -lc++ -o “/var/folders/df/3l_frdx50xl2015dckz1sg1r0000gn/T/CLtmp4EYkww/armv7/CoronaViewer-master”</execute>

<result>sh: /Volumes/HD710: No such file or directory</result>

ERROR: Builder failed: sh: /Volumes/HD710: No such file or directory

Aug 24 18:57:01.709: BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.

Aug 24 18:57:01.716: iOS build failed (12)

2015-08-24 18:57:10.920 Corona Simulator[1214:31556] Corona Simulator: Goodbye

[Finished in 41.0s]

The workaround is to not have a space in your volume name. E.g. “HD710 BLACK CCC” -> “HD710_BLACK_CCC”. Surprised you’re not running into more errors with Xcode installed like that.

Please submit a bug report with the information above.

Thanks for your quick response Michael, you were right that was the problem.

The interesting thing was that that hard drive was just my “Carbon Copy Cloner” backup. I formatted it, re-installed Xcode and the problem was solved.

Regards

Hector

The workaround is to not have a space in your volume name. E.g. “HD710 BLACK CCC” -> “HD710_BLACK_CCC”. Surprised you’re not running into more errors with Xcode installed like that.

Please submit a bug report with the information above.

Thanks for your quick response Michael, you were right that was the problem.

The interesting thing was that that hard drive was just my “Carbon Copy Cloner” backup. I formatted it, re-installed Xcode and the problem was solved.

Regards

Hector