Jay's Going to School

I’m excited (and a little scared) about the fact that at age 51 (and having dropped out of school after the 8th grade) I’m registered for college in the fall. My first day is August 25th with a Biology lab and Spanish.

I’m already teaching game dev online, but I’d like to teach it in a more formal setting and if that means I need a degree, I’m going to get one. I do know there are places who will take experience in place of a degree and if I had hardcore AAA experience I’d probably seek that route, but my experience is of a more “casual” nature.

Anyway, nothing here about Corona specifically, but I just wanted to share that news. :slight_smile:

Jay

That’s awesome Jay.  Best of luck to you.

Rob

Congratulations Jay. This is so inspiring. Maybe there is still hope for me as well after all…  :slight_smile:

All the best of luck to you in this new endeavour. I am sure you will do great!

Thanks, guys. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve seen the movie Real Genius probably 8-10 times and I’m hoping my college experience is just like that. :slight_smile:

Jay

Hah hah. Hold on to that thought…  :slight_smile:

That’s awesome Jay.  Best of luck to you.

Rob

Congratulations Jay. This is so inspiring. Maybe there is still hope for me as well after all…  :slight_smile:

All the best of luck to you in this new endeavour. I am sure you will do great!

Thanks, guys. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve seen the movie Real Genius probably 8-10 times and I’m hoping my college experience is just like that. :slight_smile:

Jay

Hah hah. Hold on to that thought…  :slight_smile: