LandScape Orientation For camera API in iPhone is not working

I am creating an app that uses device camera. I need to run my app in only LandScape mode. It worked fine for iPad but when I tried it in iPhone, a runtime error occured and on device console, I found out that the camera need a portrait mode while opening. I just add “Portrait” orientation to supported ones and it worked fine.

But the problem is I need my app only in LandScape mode…

Is there an issue that iPhone need portrait orientation to start camera as when camera starts, its default is “portrait” and then as if I am handling iPhone in “landscape” direction so it immediately changes orientation.

One more thing, this works fine in version 2012.894 but when I switched to 2012.971, the above mentioned problem starts appearing.

Thanks

Hi @ansaf_130,

Build 894 is quite old, and even 971 is one public build behind now. Is there a specific reason why you’re not using 1076? It’s fine to use 971 if the reason is valid, but many things were improved/updated between 971 and 1076.

Best regards,

Brent

My complete project has been created in 971 build but I even tried it in 1076 which has the same problem as 971.

I dont know why iPhone camera needs “portrait” orientation in supported or default to open camera as it was not the case in 894.

I might change my project for 1076 but my problem of orientation would not solve.

Hi @ansaf_130,

Build 894 is quite old, and even 971 is one public build behind now. Is there a specific reason why you’re not using 1076? It’s fine to use 971 if the reason is valid, but many things were improved/updated between 971 and 1076.

Best regards,

Brent

My complete project has been created in 971 build but I even tried it in 1076 which has the same problem as 971.

I dont know why iPhone camera needs “portrait” orientation in supported or default to open camera as it was not the case in 894.

I might change my project for 1076 but my problem of orientation would not solve.