Latest Release: Corona Editor 1.6

A new release of Corona Editor is available.  Sublime Text should download the new version next time you restart the editor or if you force a package update using Package Control.  If you can’t seem to get the update, remove the Corona Editor package and re-install it. 

Corona Editor 1.6.0

• Debugger improvements
    • fixed issue with a hang after pressing Shift+F10
    • fixed bug with spaces in project pathname
    • current status is now displayed in the “Console” pane
    • “Console” output is now cleaner
    • Generally improved reliability
  • On OS X,  Corona Editor > Run Project  now uses the most recent Daily Build in the /Applications folder by default
  • Removed “build system” for Corona projects ( Corona Editor > Run Project  /  Super+F10  is much more reliable)
  • Added “Clear Build Panel” command to main menu and context menu
  • Fixed indentation of elseif blocks
  • Latest completions (up to date for build 2016.2803)

This seems to have fixed all the issues I was having. Everything is working as expected now. Great work Perry, and thank you.

I have 2 CRITICAL problem with this version using on Mac.

1. cmd+f10 causes reset all of my layout and close all files except the one on the window 1. Really Annoying.

2. Double-Clicking on error line( on the build panel message) only works for the first line. 

both had no problem with prior version. especially no.1 problem is killing me.

Anybody has any idea to fix this?

Are you using View > Layout > Rows (or Columns ) so that all the files are in one tab or are you saying all the tabs except the first one are closed?  If the former that’s probably happening because we now shutdown the debugger when you do Super+F10 and it looks like it needs to be more careful about which panes it closes (to be honest, I’ve never seen anyone use panes instead of tabs so that’s my bad).

That might be a Sublime Text bug but I’ll take a look and see what I can do.

I am using view>layout>Columns, within those columns I am using tabs. Typically I use 2 columns view- When I hit command + F10, my second column and all the tabs in second columns are closed - the layout returns to 1 column view. So Actually I’m using both tabs and layout views… 

I find this feature is extremely useful for me. Even cannot think about living without it… please fix this!

I have the exact same problem with the error lines. In case this feature doesn’t come back. Is there a way to go back to 1.5?

I’m preparing Corona Editor 1.6.1 which will fix these issues:

1.  Rows and columns in the current tab are no longer reset when using Super+F10 unless they were created by the Corona Editor Debugger (a corollary of this is if you create your own rows and columns the Debugger can’t create its own and its functionality will be reduced)

2.  All errors and warnings in the build panel should be clickable.  If you find this is not the case, paste the error you are having trouble with here so I can use it to debug the issue

3.  A new setting “corona_sdk_simulator_show_console” has been added, which, if set to true, will cause the Corona Simulator Console to be shown when running a project with Super+F10

Variable inspector is not doing anything for me with tables

It’s working for me:

(I selected “mouseTo”, right clicked and picked “Inspect Variable”)

Anything about your situation that might be novel?  I’m assuming “no doing anything” means nothing happens at all when you run the command.

Hmm you’re right, it seems to work fine for me in most cases. I haven’t been able to figure out why it doesn’t work in this case:

[lua]

function scene.loadCharacters()

composer.bugs = {}

composer.bugs[1] = composer.bugTypes[1].new()

composer.bugs[1].path = BezierCurve.newPath()

composer.bugs[1].state.timeScale = 1

local p = composer.bugs[1]

p.test = “hi”

end

[/lua]

In this case, I can’t inspect composer, composer.bugs, or p:

Locals:

BezierCurve = (table) {“new”:"<function>",“newPath”:"<function>"}

p = (table) [raw] table: 0x7fc14f16b6e0

composer = (table) [raw] table: 0x7fc14b1a0a90

Interesting… 

What happens if you add these lines after line 9 in the code above:

local json = require('json') print("composer: ", json.encode(composer)) print("p: ", json.encode(p))

I’m looking for the console output of the print()s or any error messages

Errors out on the print composer line: 

ERROR: Runtime error

type ‘table’ is not supported as a key by JSON.

What is a raw table?

“[raw]” means the debugger tried to display the value with json but failed.

What is “composer” in your app?  I can display the attributes of the “composer” object in the Interface/Composer sample without issue.

Hmmm … so apparently this is valid Lua (it only fails on the last line because json yields the “type ‘table’ is not supported as a key by JSON” error):

local json = require("json") local myTable = {} myTable['first'] = "number\_one" local myObject = {} myObject[myTable] = myTable print("myObject[myTable]: ", myObject[myTable]) print("myTable: ", json.encode(myTable)) print("myObject: ", json.encode(myObject))

Unfortunately the debugger can’t display values for objects that use tables as indices.

Interestingly this is almost the same and works just fine (and makes more sense to me):

local json = require("json") local myTable = {} myTable['first'] = "number\_one" local myObject = {} myObject.myTable = myTable myObject.myTable.second = "number\_two" print("myObject[myTable]: ", myObject[myTable]) print("myTable: ", json.encode(myTable)) print("myObject: ", json.encode(myObject))

Composer is what you’d expect: local composer    = require( “composer” )

I’m guessing that a module I’m using (probably Spine) is using tables as indices somewhere, and I’m am referencing objects made with that module from composer (e.g., composer.bugs)

It’s not a big deal for me as I just whip out Glider when I need to do some serious debugging.

This seems to have fixed all the issues I was having. Everything is working as expected now. Great work Perry, and thank you.

I have 2 CRITICAL problem with this version using on Mac.

1. cmd+f10 causes reset all of my layout and close all files except the one on the window 1. Really Annoying.

2. Double-Clicking on error line( on the build panel message) only works for the first line. 

both had no problem with prior version. especially no.1 problem is killing me.

Anybody has any idea to fix this?

Are you using View > Layout > Rows (or Columns ) so that all the files are in one tab or are you saying all the tabs except the first one are closed?  If the former that’s probably happening because we now shutdown the debugger when you do Super+F10 and it looks like it needs to be more careful about which panes it closes (to be honest, I’ve never seen anyone use panes instead of tabs so that’s my bad).

That might be a Sublime Text bug but I’ll take a look and see what I can do.

I am using view>layout>Columns, within those columns I am using tabs. Typically I use 2 columns view- When I hit command + F10, my second column and all the tabs in second columns are closed - the layout returns to 1 column view. So Actually I’m using both tabs and layout views… 

I find this feature is extremely useful for me. Even cannot think about living without it… please fix this!

I have the exact same problem with the error lines. In case this feature doesn’t come back. Is there a way to go back to 1.5?