Latest updates

just goes to show, the old solutions are the best. Seems like silverlight was “half” installed.
re-installing it did the trick. I thought only windows had those problems - this is a new Mac. Silly me. Remind me not to “trust” what computers (any computers) tell you :wink: [import]uid: 49842 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 52755[/import]

Found Gumbo about 2 months back and bookmarked it, just got around to using it earlier tonight, f*in GREAT application man! Exactly what I was looking for. One thought tho, custom map sizes would be pretty useful.

Thanks for making such a great tool, and for FREE no less! =D [import]uid: 91632 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 73238[/import]

Yea gumbo really is a amazing tool, ive used it for the past year while working on my game to build huge levels. [import]uid: 19620 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 73297[/import]

I have just released an update for Gumbo. Nothing fancy, but some small improvements:

* Upgraded to Silverlight 5
* Saving and loading now keeps the previous filename.
* Added isSensor for physics.
* Added a second custom code field. This will be rendered after the physics properties.

The auto update for those who have installed it to their computers doesn’t seem to work because of the upgrade to Silverlight 5, so you’d have to uninstall it (right click on the top menu or the properties window, then choose uninstall), then install it again via the web application:

http://nerderer.com/gumbo/

[import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 87838[/import]

i tried that link many times and i still can’t get through the website.it is loading till 100% and get stuck with nothing happening.Am i doing something wrong?i definitively want try this tool [import]uid: 21988 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 89282[/import]

Never mind just red the post on top.Updated silverlight pb fixed.Thks [import]uid: 21988 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 89286[/import]

how about an update for new iPad retina display?
sure, I can enter dimensions manually, but would be nice to have a preset.

And as the retina display dimensions overtops my macbook’s resolution, a zoom-in/out feature would be very helpful.

-finefin [import]uid: 70635 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 97487[/import]

Absolutely. It should be an easy fix.

The zoom, however, it something I’ve tested a bit once before. Zooming was easy, the problem was that the dragging and dropping became all wierd, since the x- and y-positions were not matching the mouse coordinates. I’ll see if I can think of something. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 98052[/import]

Hey!

I made some updates to Gumbo.

I added support for iPad Retina, plus a function to zoom out in two steps (1x, 0.5x, 0.25x).

To make the zoom work I had to redo some logic in the dragging and dropping of objects, so let me know if it behaves wierd.

Also, the auto update still doesn’t work, since Silverlight 5, so you’d have to uninstall it and install it again if you have it installed locally. If you’re using it through the browser you might have to clear the cache. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 102561[/import]

thanks! will take a look when I updated silverlight :wink:

-finefin [import]uid: 70635 topic_id: 7732 reply_id: 103326[/import]