Lessons Learned Bringing 44 apps to Windows Phone

Hello Developers!

I just finished bringing 44 apps (some are free and full versions of the same app) to Windows Phone!    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/store/publishers?publisherId=Scott%2BAdelman%2BApps%2BInc

Once I got the process down, it took me about 50 mins per app (50 mins for both the free and full versions combined).

I decided to do a blog post highlighting lessons learned from the time I spent.  Thanks to those who helped out with pointing me in the right direction for certain info.  You can read how to do it from start to finish and how to hopefully get your developer fee waived here:

http://scottadelman.com/?p=4800

Let me know if I missed anything or if you find it useful.  Thanks!

That’s fantastic Scott! And thank you for doing the write-up.

If you don’t mind, we’ll share it a bit on social media. Is that ok?

For sure David!  Feel free to share it.  Thanks!

thanks a lot scott!

Congratulations Scott! Great job!! Would you be interested in talking about your experience on a Corona Geek Hangout? We host a Google+ Hangout every Monday at 12pm PT. If you are interested email charles at coronalabs.com to discuss details.

What have your earnings been like for the Windows 8 store?

@Charles Thanks for the offer.  Will email you.

@thatssopanda - Good question that most are wondering I am sure :)  It is definitely too early to tell if it will have been worth my time (all apps have been up and searchable for less than a week) and I definitely wasn’t expecting much (Im an individual developer so I dont need too much for it to be worth my time).  I have been getting a couple sales a day as of these past few days reported.  Also downloads are still moving upward as some of my apps are becoming more searchable.    After a couple weeks Ill know a bit better and will do some experimenting with ASO.  At the least it is cool to see my creations on a new device and it really did not take me that much time (I’d say about 30 hrs in total including doing all the apps, learning how to do it with the documentation, and trouble shooting).

Thanks for sharing Scott.

Great post!

Thanks Scott.

That’s fantastic Scott! And thank you for doing the write-up.

If you don’t mind, we’ll share it a bit on social media. Is that ok?

For sure David!  Feel free to share it.  Thanks!

thanks a lot scott!

Congratulations Scott! Great job!! Would you be interested in talking about your experience on a Corona Geek Hangout? We host a Google+ Hangout every Monday at 12pm PT. If you are interested email charles at coronalabs.com to discuss details.

What have your earnings been like for the Windows 8 store?

@Charles Thanks for the offer.  Will email you.

@thatssopanda - Good question that most are wondering I am sure :)  It is definitely too early to tell if it will have been worth my time (all apps have been up and searchable for less than a week) and I definitely wasn’t expecting much (Im an individual developer so I dont need too much for it to be worth my time).  I have been getting a couple sales a day as of these past few days reported.  Also downloads are still moving upward as some of my apps are becoming more searchable.    After a couple weeks Ill know a bit better and will do some experimenting with ASO.  At the least it is cool to see my creations on a new device and it really did not take me that much time (I’d say about 30 hrs in total including doing all the apps, learning how to do it with the documentation, and trouble shooting).

Thanks for sharing Scott.

Great post!

Thanks Scott.

Thanks very much for sharing Scott!

Thank you for the post.

Installed Windows 8.1, starting porting games this weekend.

Will let you know how it goes…

Hi everyone,

I have tried to bring my app to windows so i can deploy it on my windows phone,

I have done all the necessary steps highlighted in the following link 

http://scottadelman.com/2014/12/01/lessons-learned-bringing-my-corona-apps-to-window-phone/

but still cant get my app working,

i get this error:

The thread 0xde8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Runtime error

module ‘lfs’ not found:

no field package.preload[‘lfs’]

no file ‘C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\lfs.lua’

no file ‘C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\Assets\Corona\lfs.lua’

no file ‘C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\Assets\Corona\lfs.lua’

no file ‘.\lfs.lua’

no file ‘!\lua\lfs.lua’

no file ‘!\lua\lfs\init.lua’

no file ‘!\lfs.lua’

no file ‘!\lfs\init.lua’

no file ‘C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\lfs.dll’

no file ‘.\lfs.dll’

no file ‘C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\Assets\Corona\lfs.dll’

no file ‘.\lfs.dll’

no file ‘!\lfs.dll’

no file ‘!\loadall.dll’

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘require’

?: in function ‘require’

C:\Data\Programs{D7C4DBDC-44FD-40DF-9DDC-3615142304A7}\Install\Assets\Corona\main.lua:13: in main chunk

The thread 0xd54 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

please help :frowning:

thanks