lets connect on Telegram

hello guys thank you for choosing corona for building awesome 2d applications,I invite you all to a telegram group where you can ask your questions and connect with other awesome developers

heres the linkl to connect https://t.me/Coronasdkforum 

see you in the group

Not to sound negative but …

what’s the usage to use a telegram group instead of asking and discussing questions here in the forums, where answers as well as what ever might be required to reach a (maybe) final answer is documented, searchable and useful for any other current as well as future Corona user?

Well I think a messenger like a telegram is most widely used and quick to access anywhere on the Go and you can chat privately with other developers. forums has got its own pros and cons

I applaud the fact that you want to get folks to hook up, but we use Slack for this kind of communication:

https://coronalabs.com/slack/

Please note, anything but the shortest of dialogues is best done here in the forums.  Why?  Well … because having dicsussions in the forums is permanent and therefore useful to future folks who encounter similar issues.

Chats and issue resolution in a transient channel like Telegram, or even Slack, get lost and only help the person asking the question in the moment.  That kind of communication doesn’t serve the community.

PS - I’m not clear on the value of ‘on the go’ questions either.  I encourage folks not to use their phones to post questions as it just make them unreadable.  i.e. Better to ask questions when at a proper computer with a keyboard so you can easily type legible questions with proper formatting.

That said, I may just be an old stick in the mud on this particular facet of the current generation of game developers’ behavior.

There is value to having more instant, short conversations, but too many people want to use chat channels for help. The forums rock because the results show up in Google searches. You may not think about this, but you are building a fantastic knowledge base of Corona information. Slack, Telegram, Facebook groups, etc. do not suit this, so all conversation there is eventually lost.

But it’s your community, work where it works best for you.

Rob

Not to sound negative but …

what’s the usage to use a telegram group instead of asking and discussing questions here in the forums, where answers as well as what ever might be required to reach a (maybe) final answer is documented, searchable and useful for any other current as well as future Corona user?

Well I think a messenger like a telegram is most widely used and quick to access anywhere on the Go and you can chat privately with other developers. forums has got its own pros and cons

I applaud the fact that you want to get folks to hook up, but we use Slack for this kind of communication:

https://coronalabs.com/slack/

Please note, anything but the shortest of dialogues is best done here in the forums.  Why?  Well … because having dicsussions in the forums is permanent and therefore useful to future folks who encounter similar issues.

Chats and issue resolution in a transient channel like Telegram, or even Slack, get lost and only help the person asking the question in the moment.  That kind of communication doesn’t serve the community.

PS - I’m not clear on the value of ‘on the go’ questions either.  I encourage folks not to use their phones to post questions as it just make them unreadable.  i.e. Better to ask questions when at a proper computer with a keyboard so you can easily type legible questions with proper formatting.

That said, I may just be an old stick in the mud on this particular facet of the current generation of game developers’ behavior.

There is value to having more instant, short conversations, but too many people want to use chat channels for help. The forums rock because the results show up in Google searches. You may not think about this, but you are building a fantastic knowledge base of Corona information. Slack, Telegram, Facebook groups, etc. do not suit this, so all conversation there is eventually lost.

But it’s your community, work where it works best for you.

Rob