Libraries not working, no help or FAQ

I am trying to use libraries in Lua Glider. From the tiny amount of documentation, I should be able to have a project’s files included in another project when it is run.

So, I have a project called “myProject”, with main.lua and such.

And, “myLib”, with files and folders. I want these files and folders to be used when running myProject.

I’ve added myLib as a library to myProject. No problem.

If I chose “Build all configurations” and then “Open Build Folder”, I see a folder with everything in it! Great.

However, “Run Main Project” does not do anything like this. It does not add files to the main code (which also makes sense to me…don’t screw up my code.)

So, now what? So, how does this library thing work? Please, please, there should be a basic tutorial or something on this!

Hello Mimetic,

Both debug and run main project files should automatically add the require debugger line to your main.lua file but only in the build directory. Your original main.lua file will not be changed unless you disable the project manager via the options menu.

Is the debug and run feature launching the simulator properly? Are you able to hit breakpoints when you debug?

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

MyDev, The debug & run work fine. I can hit breakpoints.

In the options, “Do not copy files” is checked. Perhaps this is related?

Oddly, the debugger line in main.lua is staying put, which is annoying.

The real problem is that libraries were not appearing in whatever code the run and debug decided to use.

I’ve abandoned the libraries because I had to get my work done.

Hello Mimetic,

Both debug and run main project files should automatically add the require debugger line to your main.lua file but only in the build directory. Your original main.lua file will not be changed unless you disable the project manager via the options menu.

Is the debug and run feature launching the simulator properly? Are you able to hit breakpoints when you debug?

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

MyDev, The debug & run work fine. I can hit breakpoints.

In the options, “Do not copy files” is checked. Perhaps this is related?

Oddly, the debugger line in main.lua is staying put, which is annoying.

The real problem is that libraries were not appearing in whatever code the run and debug decided to use.

I’ve abandoned the libraries because I had to get my work done.