Lime and Graphics 2.0

I just downloaded the latest version of Lime. The test project works but has some problems with the latest version of Corona. Are there plans to update Lime? 

Looks like Lime is still using the Sprite library, I see the following error: 

Module ‘sprite’ not found:resource (sprite.lu) does not exist in archive

Sprite library was depreciated long time ago as not best performing one. Lime latest github version is 7/5 months old so it’s not the latest.

You can no longer use lime (in this version) with Corona, because now they completly cut Sprite off.

Thanks for the reply. I found the Ceramic Tile Engine. Looks like this might be a new incarnation of Lime. 

Actually you can find the old sprite library on our Github account for things that still need it.

Rob

Thanks, I’d rather use the new image sheet system. I found the Ceramic Tile Engine. Looks like this is a new incarnation of Lime. This seems to work well and works with image sheets. Though it hasn’t been updated for Graphics 2.0 so there are some issues with reference points. 

Sprite library was depreciated long time ago as not best performing one. Lime latest github version is 7/5 months old so it’s not the latest.

You can no longer use lime (in this version) with Corona, because now they completly cut Sprite off.

Thanks for the reply. I found the Ceramic Tile Engine. Looks like this might be a new incarnation of Lime. 

Actually you can find the old sprite library on our Github account for things that still need it.

Rob

Thanks, I’d rather use the new image sheet system. I found the Ceramic Tile Engine. Looks like this is a new incarnation of Lime. This seems to work well and works with image sheets. Though it hasn’t been updated for Graphics 2.0 so there are some issues with reference points. 

here is the sprite.lua, but i faced another problem which the lime try to call frameCount which this sprite.lua doesn’t return correctly.

checkout: https://github.com/coronalabs/framework-sprite-legacy/issues/1

hope someone can resolve this soon bcoz my game completely stuck… after upgraded to latest public build of corona :frowning:

+1 for this.  I was having some problems with Dusk/Ceramic tile engine showing lines between the tiles sometimes.  I wanted to see if lime has this issue as well. 

Just for accuracy, Ceramic is not related to Lime at all.

I don’t know of anyone who’s working on Lime right now (at least not who’s also planning on releasing the changes back to the public).

I updated my one Lime-based games using the sprite lib linked above – when I get back into it I’ll look at the frameCount thing, but I didn’t notice any problem with it originally. (Btw, I have no estimated time of when I’ll be jumping back to that, but it won’t be right away.)

Jay

Hi

The Runtime error is about ‘tileCount’.

@Jay

If there is an easy fix i think it would be nice to share.

Hi Jay

I just wanted to try out Lime due to Ceramic’s issues with lines showing in between the tiles when scrolling the map.  Out of curiosity what version of Corona are you using on the project that lime works correctly on?

Thanks,

Nate

here is the sprite.lua, but i faced another problem which the lime try to call frameCount which this sprite.lua doesn’t return correctly.

checkout: https://github.com/coronalabs/framework-sprite-legacy/issues/1

hope someone can resolve this soon bcoz my game completely stuck… after upgraded to latest public build of corona :frowning:

I get this error too.  anyone have a fix they can share?  super grateful in advance!

+1 for this.  I was having some problems with Dusk/Ceramic tile engine showing lines between the tiles sometimes.  I wanted to see if lime has this issue as well. 

Just for accuracy, Ceramic is not related to Lime at all.

I don’t know of anyone who’s working on Lime right now (at least not who’s also planning on releasing the changes back to the public).

I updated my one Lime-based games using the sprite lib linked above – when I get back into it I’ll look at the frameCount thing, but I didn’t notice any problem with it originally. (Btw, I have no estimated time of when I’ll be jumping back to that, but it won’t be right away.)

Jay

Hi

The Runtime error is about ‘tileCount’.

@Jay

If there is an easy fix i think it would be nice to share.

Hi Jay

I just wanted to try out Lime due to Ceramic’s issues with lines showing in between the tiles when scrolling the map.  Out of curiosity what version of Corona are you using on the project that lime works correctly on?

Thanks,

Nate