Lime Update -- news, not a download link ;)

Curt,

I wouldn’t really characterize it as sellers/donator’s remorse, but yes, I jumped the gun on saying anything. Much like I jumped the gun on deciding to “revive” Lime in the first place. If there’s one major mistake I keep repeating over and over in my life, it’s taking on more projects than I have time for.

So I’d “mostly” decided to open source Lime and started reading up on how to do that in a way that would give it the best shot at turning into a vibrant project and not die like so many other open source projects – and after I opened my mouth about it I was contacted by someone who mentioned other options to keeping Lime alive but without giving up control.

The main thing is that I don’t want Lime to die. Secondary thing is that I’d like to make some money from it. :wink:

I have a “personal thing” that’s sucking up most of my free time until after the 13th. By the weekend after that I think I’ll make a decision one way or the other.

I’m not sure how Lime being OS or not affects your project – after all, if you own it you can mess with the code all you want – but I’d almost never tell anyone to postpone a project based on something that *might* happen.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 35519 reply_id: 141787[/import]

Have you come to your final decision?

C [import]uid: 147322 topic_id: 35519 reply_id: 143317[/import]

I’m one of those people that paid for lime and I wouldn’t be disgruntled towards it going open source. I figured I wasted my money a long time ago when it wasn’t being updated and had performance issues. So I honestly wouldn’t repurchase Lime again due to the initial developer’s decision on not completing a released version of a beta product.

I guess that’s the risk you take on buying products at a discount and getting beta versions. You might not even get to see the full released version.

Right now I’m using LevelHelper and it’s awesome! [import]uid: 54776 topic_id: 35519 reply_id: 145837[/import]

I’m one of those people that paid for lime and I wouldn’t be disgruntled towards it going open source. I figured I wasted my money a long time ago when it wasn’t being updated and had performance issues. So I honestly wouldn’t repurchase Lime again due to the initial developer’s decision on not completing a released version of a beta product.

I guess that’s the risk you take on buying products at a discount and getting beta versions. You might not even get to see the full released version.

Right now I’m using LevelHelper and it’s awesome! [import]uid: 54776 topic_id: 35519 reply_id: 145837[/import]