link to application from home screen

Hi all,

Building for Android - I want to know if there are some special settings to put an icon / link to app on to home screen.
I searched about special build configuration - but nothing about that.

Thank you very much,
Radu [import]uid: 157691 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 336517[/import]

No comments? It’s so simple or too complicated?
I’m sure many people have wanted to put a shortcut on the home page for their applications …
Please - reply with any comment - if it’s too simple I’ll put in a white sheet … [import]uid: 157691 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145513[/import]

Do you mean the home screen of your device when installed?

If so then it will create a shortcut for you automatically when you download from Google Play I believe.

Installing your app through USB will not do that though it will just stay in the Apps page, so maybe that’s where you you think there is an issue, but all will be good once you upload your app to the store. [import]uid: 179960 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145515[/import]

Yes - the homescreen of the device where the app will be installed.
Until now I test only local - using USB transfer of course. I want to distribute on Amazon - but i wanted to know if it is a special system settings to put shortcuts on home page or not.
I installed a lot of applications to my phone and tablet from Google Play for example…not all of them suggested me to put shortcut to home page…some of them yes, but other not. [import]uid: 157691 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145516[/import]

I think there is no way to implement what you want.
This should be the solution http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13151724/creating-a-shortcut-of-an-android-application-on-home-screen?rq=1 [import]uid: 138389 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145519[/import]

No comments? It’s so simple or too complicated?
I’m sure many people have wanted to put a shortcut on the home page for their applications …
Please - reply with any comment - if it’s too simple I’ll put in a white sheet … [import]uid: 157691 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145513[/import]

Do you mean the home screen of your device when installed?

If so then it will create a shortcut for you automatically when you download from Google Play I believe.

Installing your app through USB will not do that though it will just stay in the Apps page, so maybe that’s where you you think there is an issue, but all will be good once you upload your app to the store. [import]uid: 179960 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145515[/import]

Yes - the homescreen of the device where the app will be installed.
Until now I test only local - using USB transfer of course. I want to distribute on Amazon - but i wanted to know if it is a special system settings to put shortcuts on home page or not.
I installed a lot of applications to my phone and tablet from Google Play for example…not all of them suggested me to put shortcut to home page…some of them yes, but other not. [import]uid: 157691 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145516[/import]

I think there is no way to implement what you want.
This should be the solution http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13151724/creating-a-shortcut-of-an-android-application-on-home-screen?rq=1 [import]uid: 138389 topic_id: 36517 reply_id: 145519[/import]