Linux Native Plugin

A simple question :

“How can we build a Linux Native Plugin ?”

“corona/subrepos/enterprise/contents/Project Template/App” has no templates for Linux.

And I did not found any documentation on the subject.

The documentation reads:

Plugins build upon Lua’s module system, so they can come in three different flavors:

Pure Lua code

Native code

Hybrid of Lua and native code

Where native points to native C or Java. There’s nothing specific about Linux there. Linux builds are also in beta atm.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/native/plugin/index.html#coding-plugins

@lapoux, Linux support is pretty-early beta or even Alpha. There are three parts to this.

1. Using macOS or Windows to build a Linux version of a Corona app: This is a little further along.  It should be able to link to existing C based plugins (but I’m not 100% sure about that) or Lua plugins.

2. Running the Simulator on Linux: Very early/pre-alpha. I don’t know if it could even link in plugins or not.

3. Building natively on Linux: I don’t think we even got started on that we we had to put that on the back burner. Native usually comes last on a new platform.

Rob

The documentation reads:

Plugins build upon Lua’s module system, so they can come in three different flavors:

Pure Lua code

Native code

Hybrid of Lua and native code

Where native points to native C or Java. There’s nothing specific about Linux there. Linux builds are also in beta atm.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/native/plugin/index.html#coding-plugins

@lapoux, Linux support is pretty-early beta or even Alpha. There are three parts to this.

1. Using macOS or Windows to build a Linux version of a Corona app: This is a little further along.  It should be able to link to existing C based plugins (but I’m not 100% sure about that) or Lua plugins.

2. Running the Simulator on Linux: Very early/pre-alpha. I don’t know if it could even link in plugins or not.

3. Building natively on Linux: I don’t think we even got started on that we we had to put that on the back burner. Native usually comes last on a new platform.

Rob