I am enjoying trying out LiquidFun.
One thing I couldn’t figure out: do we have access to the particle positions, velocities and colors?
In the following link, these methods are listed as e.g., GetColorBuffer and GetPositionBuffer
https://github.com/google/liquidfun/releases/tag/v1.0.0
Thanks!
Along the same lines, has anyone had any success making a “hose” – i.e. a stream of particles moving at high velocity in a direction.
I have tried:
local hose_particles = { flags = { “water” }, linearVelocityX = 100, … }
for linearVelocityX up to 100000000 but after 100 it doesn’t seem to matter.
LiquidFun has methods like ParticleApplyForce (http://google.github.io/liquidfun/API-Ref/html/classb2_particle_system.html) that I assume would make this work.
In general, there are a bunch of useful methods in LiquidFun that are not exposed. Should we expect that these methods will be exposed in the future? I am enjoying LiquidFun a lot, but the current limitations are bit stifling.
Hi @hgbrian,
Like most libraries/features in Corona, LiquidFun will receive improvements and additions over time, depending on the needs of the community. We haven’t established a specific roadmap for this feature yet, but we are listening to the developers and determining what aspects may need exposure in future builds.
In the meantime, I just posted a tutorial on handling particle collisions with other bodies, so please experiment if you haven’t already.
http://coronalabs.com/blog/2014/06/24/tutorial-particle-collisions-in-liquidfun/
Thanks,
Brent
Thanks Brent,
I’m not clear on why you don’t expose all the available methods but I’m sure you guys have reasons.
The collisions tutorial is very useful and as I said, I’m enjoying trying out all the new LiquidFun stuff a lot…
Best,
Brian
I notice that a recent build added particleSystem:applyForce(), particleSystem:applyLinearImpulse(), and particleSystem.particleMass.
Thanks!
Along the same lines, has anyone had any success making a “hose” – i.e. a stream of particles moving at high velocity in a direction.
I have tried:
local hose_particles = { flags = { “water” }, linearVelocityX = 100, … }
for linearVelocityX up to 100000000 but after 100 it doesn’t seem to matter.
LiquidFun has methods like ParticleApplyForce (http://google.github.io/liquidfun/API-Ref/html/classb2_particle_system.html) that I assume would make this work.
In general, there are a bunch of useful methods in LiquidFun that are not exposed. Should we expect that these methods will be exposed in the future? I am enjoying LiquidFun a lot, but the current limitations are bit stifling.
Hi @hgbrian,
Like most libraries/features in Corona, LiquidFun will receive improvements and additions over time, depending on the needs of the community. We haven’t established a specific roadmap for this feature yet, but we are listening to the developers and determining what aspects may need exposure in future builds.
In the meantime, I just posted a tutorial on handling particle collisions with other bodies, so please experiment if you haven’t already.
http://coronalabs.com/blog/2014/06/24/tutorial-particle-collisions-in-liquidfun/
Thanks,
Brent
Thanks Brent,
I’m not clear on why you don’t expose all the available methods but I’m sure you guys have reasons.
The collisions tutorial is very useful and as I said, I’m enjoying trying out all the new LiquidFun stuff a lot…
Best,
Brian
I notice that a recent build added particleSystem:applyForce(), particleSystem:applyLinearImpulse(), and particleSystem.particleMass.
Thanks!