Live Build black screen

Our iOS builds with live build selected now follow this order of events for the first time launch:

• Corona splash screen

• Black screen with prompt: “initializing project”

• Black and then “synching project” briefly then black…

Other launches after first goes from Splash straight to black.

If we make changes in development, “synching project” appears briefly followed by the black blackness of all time…

Using today’s latest build (although this was happening on our prev build of 3023).

Using xCode 8.2.1 to drop the original build onto an iPad (iOS9.3.5)

Have followed any troubleshooting on the livebuilds guide…

Building without livebuilds is fine, the app works. Only when using livebuilds is there the inky black blackness.

Have you tried live build with just a simple sample and not your app?  i.e Any of the basic examples that come with Corona.

This way, if the basic example works and your code doesn’t you have a starting place to debug.

Also, have you rolled back versions till you found a Corona version where it works?  

If this turns out to be a live-build issue, you can save the engineers a lot of time if you:

1. Find the last version that worked,
  2. Find the first version that failed,
  3. File a bug.

I’d confirm live-build with a basic app first.

@roaminggamer thanks for your help.

Have just traced it to an “enterFrame” runtime function which was refreshing a variable which is later accessed. Without Livebuilds there is no problem but with LiveBuilds the variable is nil which suggests a lag in the runtime of some sort triggered this. Solved by removing the chance for a nil value.

Thanks.

Have you tried live build with just a simple sample and not your app?  i.e Any of the basic examples that come with Corona.

This way, if the basic example works and your code doesn’t you have a starting place to debug.

Also, have you rolled back versions till you found a Corona version where it works?  

If this turns out to be a live-build issue, you can save the engineers a lot of time if you:

1. Find the last version that worked,
  2. Find the first version that failed,
  3. File a bug.

I’d confirm live-build with a basic app first.

@roaminggamer thanks for your help.

Have just traced it to an “enterFrame” runtime function which was refreshing a variable which is later accessed. Without Livebuilds there is no problem but with LiveBuilds the variable is nil which suggests a lag in the runtime of some sort triggered this. Solved by removing the chance for a nil value.

Thanks.