Live build doesn't update/refresh

I’m new to Corona and would love to get Live Build to work. I see that a requirement is for the computer and device to be on the same “_ local network _”. Does being on the same Wifi network meet that requirement? Or is a “local network” something different? Sorry I don’t know much about networks.

I’ve been trying to get Live Build to work for the last couple of hours with two different pieces of code and have gone through several rounds of creating App IDs and Provisioning Profiles in case that’s were the problem lies. But whilst I could always complete the build process successfully and run the app on my device, the live build would never update/refresh.

This is the code I used:

ball1 = display.newImage ("ball.png") ball1.name = "ball1" ball1.x, ball1.y = 50, 50 function updateBalls() ball1:setFillColor(1,1,1) end Runtime:addEventListener("enterFrame", updateBalls)

I run Corona on a Macbook Pro, Mac OS 10.12.5.

I successfully build the app for iOS, using a Developer Provisioning Profile I created and associated with the app ID. I also successfully installed the app on both my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad Pro, and it runs fine, showing a ball.

When I change the FillColor in the code and save, the color of the ball in the Simulator changes, but the color of the ball in the app on my device never changes, i.e. the Live build doesn’t update/refresh.

I’ve also gone through your Troubleshooting steps several times, also tried putting the app onto the device through iTunes rather than by clicking ‘Copy to device’ in the Simulator build settings.

The only thing I haven’t been able to try is changing the live build file, removing the “#” from “ip/port” and using a static address. I don’t know enough about networks to know what static address and port to try there.

The only thing I can now thing of why Live Build is not updating is that I’m not meeting the “local network” requirement?

Hello!

Simply speaking, “local network” requirement means that your device and mac should be in same WiFi.

Thanks vlads, so that can’t be the reason then why it’s not working. My Mac and device are on the same Wifi.

Any other things I could try to troubleshoot?

Did you try rebooting mac and device? Are there any firewalls on your router/mac?

Thanks vlads, after rebooting my mac and trying it on my home Wifi (as opposed to my office Wifi) it now works.

I have similar problem. Pc and tablet is connected into the same router, tablet via WiFi, computer using ethernet cable. System Win7, Android 4.4, already tried rebooting pc and device, rebuilding apk, reconnecting wifi. Thanks in advance :).

So… was this problem solved with previous topic, or this is another one?

Windows being little different from mac, but troubleshooting process is similar.

Additionally, make sure you’re running project in Live Server (your project must be in serving list). Then download and run Bonjour Browser on

a. same computer as running Live Server

b. another computer

c. device

All 3 if possible.

You should see “_corona_live._tcp” in the list.

If you don’t see it on a, something is wrong with your Bonjour installation (on Windows). Bonjour is a discovery service which can be installed with iTunes. Note, it is not"Bonjour for Windows" one can download from Apple download section. That one is legacy version of the service. Corona Live builds requires Bonjour version 3+.

If you don’t see it on b and c, check your server host or network firewall settings.

It’s different problem, and match into this topic, so I post it here, to keep solutions for specific problems together. 

_corona_live._tcp. is present both, on pc and on tablet. Corona live server is running, and proper project is in serving list. After editing any source files corona simulator is refreshing, app launched on device - not.

I tried every solution from troubleshooting. But changing .CoronaLiveBuild file is a little bit difficult for me. I set “IP” to my router LAN ip, and port into a random value from given range. Is it right?

You have to set IP to your computer’s local network address. Try deleting .CoronaLiveBuild file and allow it to re-generate. Make sure to deploy built app. It is quite hard to guess what is going on. Are you running game from external/network drive or something like that?

No external drives/networks etc… Standard pc with corona client and Android device to test on.

Regenerated .CoronaLivebuild should looks like this? :

key = 0f1f02b2-bunch of other random chars-4fd3277
#port =
#ip =

Hello!

Simply speaking, “local network” requirement means that your device and mac should be in same WiFi.

Thanks vlads, so that can’t be the reason then why it’s not working. My Mac and device are on the same Wifi.

Any other things I could try to troubleshoot?

Did you try rebooting mac and device? Are there any firewalls on your router/mac?

Thanks vlads, after rebooting my mac and trying it on my home Wifi (as opposed to my office Wifi) it now works.

I have similar problem. Pc and tablet is connected into the same router, tablet via WiFi, computer using ethernet cable. System Win7, Android 4.4, already tried rebooting pc and device, rebuilding apk, reconnecting wifi. Thanks in advance :).

So… was this problem solved with previous topic, or this is another one?

Windows being little different from mac, but troubleshooting process is similar.

Additionally, make sure you’re running project in Live Server (your project must be in serving list). Then download and run Bonjour Browser on

a. same computer as running Live Server

b. another computer

c. device

All 3 if possible.

You should see “_corona_live._tcp” in the list.

If you don’t see it on a, something is wrong with your Bonjour installation (on Windows). Bonjour is a discovery service which can be installed with iTunes. Note, it is not"Bonjour for Windows" one can download from Apple download section. That one is legacy version of the service. Corona Live builds requires Bonjour version 3+.

If you don’t see it on b and c, check your server host or network firewall settings.

It’s different problem, and match into this topic, so I post it here, to keep solutions for specific problems together. 

_corona_live._tcp. is present both, on pc and on tablet. Corona live server is running, and proper project is in serving list. After editing any source files corona simulator is refreshing, app launched on device - not.

I tried every solution from troubleshooting. But changing .CoronaLiveBuild file is a little bit difficult for me. I set “IP” to my router LAN ip, and port into a random value from given range. Is it right?

You have to set IP to your computer’s local network address. Try deleting .CoronaLiveBuild file and allow it to re-generate. Make sure to deploy built app. It is quite hard to guess what is going on. Are you running game from external/network drive or something like that?