Live Build looping during initialization

Android

Building without live build, in main, I get my my splash screen (a display.newImage), set a performWithDelay and after the proper delay, remove the object and then using composer.gotoScene - jump to my first module

Building with live build, after the last line in main is executed, it loops to the top and restarts. I’m trapping system messages and get an applicationExit after the last line of the main.lua is executed. (I put a print stmt as the last line of main). Normally, I get a single restart with an initializing message when starting a new live build version. This is different. Never stops looping.

Thanks

Try some sample, like Physics/Shape Tumbler (you can open samples on Welcome window) and see if it still happens.

Are you using Gamesparks plugin? This is a known issue with the Gamesparks plugin and might be an issue with any lua plugin that requires that it be “inflated”.

Hi, @agramonte. No, I’m not. The only thing different with this app is that I’m using the ImageToText plugin.

@vlads, I tested live builds with the sample and it worked flawlessly. The plan is to remove the plugin and calls to it and try again.

Dave

I suspect that it is the traineddata of that plugin that is causing the issue.

I mean, if it modifies something in project folder, it will get synchronized to the device.

Thanks  @agramonte and @vlads.

I’ve used the live builds in other projects and understand the concept.  However, it has always been something changing in the project folder on my computer that has triggered the change.  Here, I build the apk, adb it to the device, then start the app.  The main.lua doesnt include the plugin from a use standpoint - that’s further down in the module hierarchy.  Scott has a transfer function that moves the traineddata from the resource directory to the proper directory on the device, but that isnt called until the first module that needs it.  With nothing changing in the project folder on the development system - why would it trigger the sync?  I have other apps that move files from the resource directory tree to a document directory tree on install, and dont have the problem.

I’ve got to be missing something simple here.

Thanks

Dave

It is hard to say what updates files, but something does. Or may be your project doesn’t get synced correctly. It is hard to say what is going on without context.

Try some sample, like Physics/Shape Tumbler (you can open samples on Welcome window) and see if it still happens.

Are you using Gamesparks plugin? This is a known issue with the Gamesparks plugin and might be an issue with any lua plugin that requires that it be “inflated”.

Hi, @agramonte. No, I’m not. The only thing different with this app is that I’m using the ImageToText plugin.

@vlads, I tested live builds with the sample and it worked flawlessly. The plan is to remove the plugin and calls to it and try again.

Dave

I suspect that it is the traineddata of that plugin that is causing the issue.

I mean, if it modifies something in project folder, it will get synchronized to the device.

Thanks  @agramonte and @vlads.

I’ve used the live builds in other projects and understand the concept.  However, it has always been something changing in the project folder on my computer that has triggered the change.  Here, I build the apk, adb it to the device, then start the app.  The main.lua doesnt include the plugin from a use standpoint - that’s further down in the module hierarchy.  Scott has a transfer function that moves the traineddata from the resource directory to the proper directory on the device, but that isnt called until the first module that needs it.  With nothing changing in the project folder on the development system - why would it trigger the sync?  I have other apps that move files from the resource directory tree to a document directory tree on install, and dont have the problem.

I’ve got to be missing something simple here.

Thanks

Dave

It is hard to say what updates files, but something does. Or may be your project doesn’t get synced correctly. It is hard to say what is going on without context.