Livecode VS Corona SDK

Hello,

I am working on an idea for a Simple 2-d RPG game with a few friends. I am already comfortable with livecode being able to do this this. But my friends want me to learn Lua and use Corona SDK, which looks to me that the only thing corona has over livecode at the moment is Box-2d physics. My freind has never used livecode, and thinks it looks like " Visual Basic or WSIWYG editor." Help me convince him otherwise…

Thanks

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php=22&t=19210

Explainer Video Production

You know you are on a corona forum? I have no desire to learn live code (I didn’t click on the link either). I agree with your friend. You should learn lua and corona.

If you don’t code already it might be fun to try live code’s “plain english” syntax but working in a more traditional computer language structure will make you more adaptable in the future and less captive to live code’s platform should you decide to jump ship for a new platform later.

I’m not quite sure how “live” code differs from Corona’s live builds but with Corona you will have an active forum (here) where you can get help with the hurdles you encounter and you might find helpful tools in the marketplace as well.  You can check out character assetson the marketplace and there is also character generator that might be helpful for some aspect of RPG.

I responded to this thread also then I realized it is probably just a bot. The person username is NickyManaj.

You know you are on a corona forum? I have no desire to learn live code (I didn’t click on the link either). I agree with your friend. You should learn lua and corona.

If you don’t code already it might be fun to try live code’s “plain english” syntax but working in a more traditional computer language structure will make you more adaptable in the future and less captive to live code’s platform should you decide to jump ship for a new platform later.

I’m not quite sure how “live” code differs from Corona’s live builds but with Corona you will have an active forum (here) where you can get help with the hurdles you encounter and you might find helpful tools in the marketplace as well.  You can check out character assetson the marketplace and there is also character generator that might be helpful for some aspect of RPG.

I responded to this thread also then I realized it is probably just a bot. The person username is NickyManaj.