localizedPrice doesn't contain currency

Shouldn’t the localizedPrice also include the currency symbol/code (like USD 0.99 or $0.99)? 

At the moment is only returns the number without currency.

This is a problem with Amazon I believe. They don’t return the symbol.

Hi ingemar,

While using the Amazon SDK Tester, localizedPrice will contain whatever value is in the ‘price’ field for that item in the amazon.sdktester.json file. The example provided in the Amazon documentation is a numeric field, but you can change this to a string with currency symbols and these will be passed through to the localizedPrice field.

After publishing with the Amazon Appstore this field should contain the local currency code as expected.

-Preston

You’re right. For some reason I thought the live return price didn’t have the currency code. Maybe that’s google.

@tamkinp

Thanks. Good to know. As long as the live version displays the currency symbol everything’s fine :slight_smile:

Suggestion:

I used the download link in the Amazon IAP portal to get my JSON file. It would be a good idea if the price in the generated sample JSON file also included a currency. This would make the testing behave like the live version and wouldn’t require unnecessary manual editing of the file.

This is a problem with Amazon I believe. They don’t return the symbol.

Hi ingemar,

While using the Amazon SDK Tester, localizedPrice will contain whatever value is in the ‘price’ field for that item in the amazon.sdktester.json file. The example provided in the Amazon documentation is a numeric field, but you can change this to a string with currency symbols and these will be passed through to the localizedPrice field.

After publishing with the Amazon Appstore this field should contain the local currency code as expected.

-Preston

You’re right. For some reason I thought the live return price didn’t have the currency code. Maybe that’s google.

@tamkinp

Thanks. Good to know. As long as the live version displays the currency symbol everything’s fine :slight_smile:

Suggestion:

I used the download link in the Amazon IAP portal to get my JSON file. It would be a good idea if the price in the generated sample JSON file also included a currency. This would make the testing behave like the live version and wouldn’t require unnecessary manual editing of the file.