Localizing your apps

I don’t want this great resource to get lost and more of you should know about this.

A few years ago, several Corona developers crowdsourced a Google Docs spreadsheet that has many common words that would show up in a game UI translated into multiple languages. You can use this to change your button names based on the country code the game is being played in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197GYEhPpk0DQTEO0r80v_k_bkGVtUgBB08PP–hqCIA/edit#gid=266818911

Yes, your app can even do Klingon. Now not all languages are filled out. This was after a crowdsource effort. Feel free to expand this. Note: there are multiple tabs on the bottom. This is a very deep spreadsheet!

Rob

Great resource and thanks for posting a link to it! I didn’t know it existed.

In fact, I think I speak for everyone when I say:

Thanks!
Danke!
Grazie
Gracias
Dziękujemy
Obrigado
qatlho’
Спасибо
ありがとう
谢谢
고맙습니다
Merci
Dank u
Kiitos
תודה
Takk
Děkuji
Mulțumesc!
Tack
Tak
Eυχαριστώ
Gràcies
Dankon

Just want to make sure: This isn’t my creation nor is it Corona Labs creation. This is 100% the Corona Community and it speaks to your awesomeness!

Rob

Great resource and thanks for posting a link to it! I didn’t know it existed.

In fact, I think I speak for everyone when I say:

Thanks!
Danke!
Grazie
Gracias
Dziękujemy
Obrigado
qatlho’
Спасибо
ありがとう
谢谢
고맙습니다
Merci
Dank u
Kiitos
תודה
Takk
Děkuji
Mulțumesc!
Tack
Tak
Eυχαριστώ
Gràcies
Dankon

Just want to make sure: This isn’t my creation nor is it Corona Labs creation. This is 100% the Corona Community and it speaks to your awesomeness!

Rob

Bumping this old thread…

Once in a while I would hear questions about localization and services, but haven’t heard a reference to this post or file.

The link posted still works and it’s definitely a great resource.

Edit:
Looking at the History Version, it looks like the file gets hit quite often.

Additionally, it seems ANYONE can edit the file… so not sure whether it’s anymore reliable.

1 Like

I also want to point out that I wrote a free Plugin called GBC Language Cabinet that helps simplify localization.

Available on Solar2D Free Plugin Directory

2 Likes