Logitech gamepads not supported even though they work natively in Mac OS

I’ve tried two logitech gamepads:

The wired F310, and wireless F710.  I can open up a gamepad utility and see all the buttons working in Mac OS.  However, in Corona all the d-pad buttons wont register no matter what I do.  

I can use a gamepad mapper app, and map these buttons to a keyboard and then I am good to go.  If this is the case then I don’t understand why Corona cant listen to these buttons being pressed.

Have you tried listening for “axis” controller events? I had a similar issue but saw the events were getting sent as axis events (analog vs discreet I guess)

I have not.  My game doesn’t support the axis controls.  It only uses the dpad.

That sounds like an OS X problem. 

The wired F310 works for me with Corona apps under Windows, but I do recall having some issues with OS X in the past.

If I get a chance I’ll try to run some experiments on OS X this weekend.

Meanwhile, if you find a solution, please post back.

Question,

You’re talking about a built app right?  

• OR -

Are you having trouble with the simulator?  If the simulator, what device are you simulating?  Have you tried Custom devices?

I’m talking about a built app. I can’t remember if there were issues in the simulator as well. I know I can use a third party gamepad mapping app to map the gamepad to keyboard keys and then the built app can use all the buttons. Obviously if that works then Corona should be able to detect those buttons being pressed on its own