Looking to build a guitar/bass app that helps players solo over chords

Hi All!

Very excited to find corona. I’m looking to build an app that helps guitar and bass players solo over chords.

There are tons of apps that teach simple scales and chords, but my app will show the current chord on a fretboard with colored dots, and the next chord on the fretboard with different colored dots.

I’ve had programming experience here and there, but I’m brand new to corona and LUA. I will no doubt have a lot of questions, I’ve gone through the first 6 chapters of getting started and am going through the sample code as well.

Just wanted to say hello! Hope everyone is doing well.

thanks,

Sam 

Hello! Welcome to the world of apps! I will definately try your app as I play guitar.

Just a warning that doing anything involving playing sounds with the precise timing required for music is not easy in Corona. It can be done but takes a lot of work.

However, if you’re just playing back pre-recorded music at a fixed speed and displaying the chords, then that will be fairly simple.

I am sure skSynth for MIDI will be just enough.

Hello! Welcome to the world of apps! I will definately try your app as I play guitar.

Just a warning that doing anything involving playing sounds with the precise timing required for music is not easy in Corona. It can be done but takes a lot of work.

However, if you’re just playing back pre-recorded music at a fixed speed and displaying the chords, then that will be fairly simple.

I am sure skSynth for MIDI will be just enough.