Low fps on Android

Hello.

I using MTE engine, its very nice, but i discouraged about optimisation in this engine.

I’ve created a map via Tiled map editor, its 160*100 tiles, each tile is 96x48 px, isometric type. Then i added some tilesets( each is 480x480 ) and write basic listener which move player if i tapped the screen.

When i launching in Corona Simulator - stable 58-60 fps.

But if i launch it on Android - it’s ~15-20 fps. Device is Sony Xperia S.

Even if i run MTE sample project(sonic) - its too dont have a 60fps.

So does MTE supports big maps like a 160*100 tiles(each is 96x48px)? Or this too big size for MTE?  

Thanks

Have you run any of the out of the box examples that come with MTE for comparison?

As I recall, MTE is quite good and highly performant even on low end android devices.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6R3MpGC-JEnN0pqT3xBVg

PS - Please add a little more formatting to your posts it helps old-farts like me grok them better.

Yes i run it. They running 30fps as expected.

I noticed that orthogonal maps running always with high fps. I created very large map and fps was quite good. But when i created iso map - fps was awful. 

Iso map that i created: 160x100 tiles, each tile is 94x48px, 6 layers, 8 tilesets(each is ~480x480px). Fps is ~20 on Android devices and ~30 or 60 on Desktop

Have you run any of the out of the box examples that come with MTE for comparison?

As I recall, MTE is quite good and highly performant even on low end android devices.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6R3MpGC-JEnN0pqT3xBVg

PS - Please add a little more formatting to your posts it helps old-farts like me grok them better.

Yes i run it. They running 30fps as expected.

I noticed that orthogonal maps running always with high fps. I created very large map and fps was quite good. But when i created iso map - fps was awful. 

Iso map that i created: 160x100 tiles, each tile is 94x48px, 6 layers, 8 tilesets(each is ~480x480px). Fps is ~20 on Android devices and ~30 or 60 on Desktop

I don’t know if otho map code ever got optimized.  You would probable have to look at the mte code yourself to figure this out.

I don’t know if otho map code ever got optimized.  You would probable have to look at the mte code yourself to figure this out.