Lua Glider locking up / using all CPU time OS X Yosemite.

Hi,

First of all let me say I love Glider. Compared to any of the other IDE’s out there, it is the only one that I have found that offers everything in one package and works straight out of the box.

Unfortunately for me it locks up so regularly that I’m really having problems with its use, even though I just registered!

The symptoms are the IDE will appear to lock up and become unresponsive, with the exception of the luaglider2 menu (although “quit” doesn’t work)

Looking in activity monitor it’s using 130% plus processor time and will generally have somewhere in the 30,000 to 40,000 Idle Wakeups (I have no idea if this is significant or not)

This usually happens just during editing, not when debugging.

Unfortunately I’m sometimes lucky if I can get 10 minutes of continual use out of it before this happens.

I’m on a 15inch Macbook pro (late 2008) with 16GB RAM and Yosemite.

I realise that the laptop is fairly old, but I successfully all my other development software for my day job with no issues.

Finally I have tried all the suggestions given to previous users on the subject ( including all the suggestions by dave.hayes who had the same issue) and is has made no difference. I have uploaded my logs too.

I have tried the feature request / bug report link under the help menu but am currently getting a “can’t find server” error from https://mydevelopers.atlassian.net

Any help much appreciated.

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your nice words. We apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know which email address you used to purchase your license so we can help you better. Please email it to mydevelopergames@gmail.com.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response. I’ve emailed you the info you requested.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you. We will sent you a new key.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi all,

Just to let you know that with the developers help we got to the bottom of the issue. If you have the same problem try this:

go to options->Glider options->Editor-> and enable “use RAM storage”

Thanks M.Y. Devs

Hello Doug,

You are welcome. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your support! Please let us know if you come across any issues or if you have any questions.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your nice words. We apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please let us know which email address you used to purchase your license so we can help you better. Please email it to mydevelopergames@gmail.com.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response. I’ve emailed you the info you requested.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you. We will sent you a new key.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi all,

Just to let you know that with the developers help we got to the bottom of the issue. If you have the same problem try this:

go to options->Glider options->Editor-> and enable “use RAM storage”

Thanks M.Y. Devs

Hello Doug,

You are welcome. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your support! Please let us know if you come across any issues or if you have any questions.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers