Lua Glider v 1.9 Launch (Discount Code Included)

Hello Everyone,

This update is free for everyone who already purchased Glider.

Thank you for your support so far. We are pleased to announce that Lua Glider 1.9 is released! Here are some new features in this release:

• Project management - Create multiple versions of your app (iOS+Android+Free+Paid) with a single click
  • External Libraries (merge modules), Aliases, Exclusions, and custom autocomplete stub environments
  • Smarter code analysis, especially for multi file and multi library setups.
  • Better Autocompletion - Wherever autocomplete is invoked it will usually provide you what you are looking for within the top 10 hits.
  • Live coding- Instantly change properties and variables for a truly interactive experience
  • Debugger improvements- Hover over variables to see their value, call stack improvements.
  • Instant documentation- Go to Window->Documentation Viewer and just click around your code, documentation will update intelligently.
  • Glider plugins support- Easily run command line programs in various areas of the build process. Easily support new SDKs or execution environments. A plugin SDK and formal documentation will be coming soon.
  • Editor breadcrumbs - Quickly and easily find out where you are in the current document.
  • Instant renaming - Rename locals with specificity you can’t get with a find/replace.
  • Declaration / Implementation finder- Ctrl-Click on an element to go to its implementation, ctrl-click on its implementation to go to its declaration.
  • Usages finder - Right click -> Find Usages to see where that variable is used in all your files. 
  • Many many bug fixes.

To learn more about these features check out this google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3zMH2Zc9CTOMRFz5-jRyk7A_cfv2qoHRKC88U7ZM7Q/edit

And finally the links for the download:

Mac:

http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/LuaGliderInstaller.dmg

Windows:

http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/LuaGliderInstaller.msi

For windows 32 bit version, please use this link - http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/LuaGliderInstaller32.msi

Linux:

http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/LuaGliderInstaller.tar.gz

Note that you will not need to uninstall the Glider version 1.7. The two versions can be run in parallel so if you don’t like 1.9 then you can still use the older version. 

Also note that the license file is the same so you do not need to find it again.

You will NOT need to touch your current Java installation. We have bundled the proper JVM with Glider already. Stay tuned for step by step video tutorial guides.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Where can I find the info on lice code? doesn’t seem to be in the doc.

I just downloaded the install for the new version. When I installed it, instead of updating my existing version, it installed as a separate program. I didn’t want to start all over again with setting up preferences and opening all my projects. Is there a way that I can preserve my preferences and projects from the previous version? 

you can import and export your settings in the color editor part I think.

Where you set your colors for coding there is an export button. I did that and it seems taht my other settings have joined for the ride.

Thanks Juf Jannie, this worked like a charm. However, why does it take so long for the background scanning to complete. This seems to be holding up the functionality of the program.

still no Glider Options icon in preferences!

How do I get the print statements to show up in the console window?

Hi,

The 1.9 release reverted back to the default theme.  How do I set it to the 1.9 beta theme?

Nathan.

will be good if you make a video to show how the “Project management” works. :wink: Thanks for this version!

Just bought this version and the automated messages still point to the old installers (1.7). Got the link for new installer from the first post in this thread. Just pointing out that you might want to update the automated email. 

No need to mess with the LIC file. 1.9 will just use your existing 1.7 licence file.

Did you try clearing the cache as shown in the other forum post? Please try doing that, it should fix the issue.

Do you mean the simulator window in Glider? or the standard output window in the console? If you are running in debug/run mode it will only print to the IDE console, 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

The themes were giving a few issues with a particular panel (git->show changes). Since that was the only one we found, who knows what other panels are affected. This is why we temporarily reverted to the system native theme which does not have that problem. Hopefully they will have a fix for it soon. You can still enable skins if you wish via tools->options->editor-> Look and Feel.

Yes we will be making lots of videos as soon as we fix all the major bugs that usually crop up after launch. If we had these bugs during dev time we would never launch until they were fixed!

Thanks for letting us know about this. It is fixed now, sorry about any inconvenience.

Hi, sorry, I see I typed lice, but I meant LiVe coding.

There is a live codign option.

I select a variable and click add to live code. A comment appears beneath it. In the live code window the variable with an option to change a number appears.

But when i change the numbers nothing happens.

Tried this while the app is paused and running.

How do I do this correctly? 

Hello Juf,

The live coding workflow goes as follows:

1. Close the debugger

2. set your live code variables (via the right click menu as you did)

3. start the debugger

4. change the live code variables (in the livecode panel) and you should see the simulator update properly

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi,

thank you for the update, just started trying it out.

• Glider plugins support- Easily run command line programs in various areas of the build process.

Where do I find a description of how to use this feature? I want to automatically run a batch file before building…

Thanks a lot,

mfindert

Any chance the discount code is still available?

Hello Corona026,

Unfortunately we do not have any discount codes available. If you have any questions, please email us at mydevelopergames@gmail.com

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Where can I find the info on lice code? doesn’t seem to be in the doc.

I just downloaded the install for the new version. When I installed it, instead of updating my existing version, it installed as a separate program. I didn’t want to start all over again with setting up preferences and opening all my projects. Is there a way that I can preserve my preferences and projects from the previous version? 

you can import and export your settings in the color editor part I think.

Where you set your colors for coding there is an export button. I did that and it seems taht my other settings have joined for the ride.