Lua Glider

Maybe I’m missing something- but has every single post about Lua Glider been removed?

(Ran into a similar problem I’ve had in the past, and went to search for what the solution was- to find, it seems anyway, all those posts are gone). 

Just noticed this too… very odd.

On July 27th, M.Y. Developer asked Corona Labs to “remove Glider IDE section from the Forums”.

I have asked them to respond here as well, so we can hear directly from them, but here is their original July 27 request, for reference.

Hello,

Please remove Glider IDE section from the Forums. The development of the IDE has been delayed and we will not be available to respond to issues for a while. We are working on updating our website and we will be adding a Forum section on our website which we will be managed more actively. We would like to continue being listed in the 3rd party tools section.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

The good news is, it sounds like they are planning support improvements.

:frowning:

As much as I love Sublime, sometimes it was nice to use an IDE, especially for debugging. Glider hasn’t been updated in well over a year it seems.

What do you use now ?

Luaglider is still randomly freezing on mac so can’t use that anymore.

You guys should remove as a third party till the crashing is fixed. Because at this moment you cannot use it.

Kind of shameful they still sell it though

I use Sublime. I’ve tried others (Atom, ZeroBrane) but I like Sublime the best. ZeroBrane appears to have potential, but I didn’t put much time into it.

I moved to ZeroBrane and love it.  Too bad about Glider… I was a user for many years, but it got to a point where constant issues prevented me from continuing with it.

I am looking for a solution to a problem as well.  Anyone here remember how to enable autocomplete without pressing the shortcut “control+space” ?  I can’t get it to work when I install LuaGlider on a new Mac. 

It should be in preferences->editor->code completion

I’m still using Glider from time to time, just when I need to do some advanced debugging. I’ve switched over to Sublime and in most ways it’s better than Glider, but I do miss the debugging capabilities of Glider, as well as its function navigator (Sublime has something similar, the ‘Goto Symbol’ brought up by pressing ctrl/cmd+R, but it’s simply not as good or useful).

Anyway, if you’re not already, I recommend at least becoming comfortable with a tool like Sublime or Atom as they are now ubiquitous.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. It doesn’t auto complete. Completion still require you to explicit press the ‘ctrl+space’ key.

Just noticed this too… very odd.

On July 27th, M.Y. Developer asked Corona Labs to “remove Glider IDE section from the Forums”.

I have asked them to respond here as well, so we can hear directly from them, but here is their original July 27 request, for reference.

Hello,

Please remove Glider IDE section from the Forums. The development of the IDE has been delayed and we will not be available to respond to issues for a while. We are working on updating our website and we will be adding a Forum section on our website which we will be managed more actively. We would like to continue being listed in the 3rd party tools section.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

The good news is, it sounds like they are planning support improvements.

:frowning:

As much as I love Sublime, sometimes it was nice to use an IDE, especially for debugging. Glider hasn’t been updated in well over a year it seems.

What do you use now ?

Luaglider is still randomly freezing on mac so can’t use that anymore.

You guys should remove as a third party till the crashing is fixed. Because at this moment you cannot use it.

Kind of shameful they still sell it though

I use Sublime. I’ve tried others (Atom, ZeroBrane) but I like Sublime the best. ZeroBrane appears to have potential, but I didn’t put much time into it.

I moved to ZeroBrane and love it.  Too bad about Glider… I was a user for many years, but it got to a point where constant issues prevented me from continuing with it.

I am looking for a solution to a problem as well.  Anyone here remember how to enable autocomplete without pressing the shortcut “control+space” ?  I can’t get it to work when I install LuaGlider on a new Mac. 

It should be in preferences->editor->code completion

I’m still using Glider from time to time, just when I need to do some advanced debugging. I’ve switched over to Sublime and in most ways it’s better than Glider, but I do miss the debugging capabilities of Glider, as well as its function navigator (Sublime has something similar, the ‘Goto Symbol’ brought up by pressing ctrl/cmd+R, but it’s simply not as good or useful).

Anyway, if you’re not already, I recommend at least becoming comfortable with a tool like Sublime or Atom as they are now ubiquitous.