Lunar Ads 1.8 Detecting if I got an ad or not

I’m building an app for a client and I recommended they use Lunar Ads.

I grabbed 1.8 of the SDK and I’m trying to put the ad at the bottom of my screen and I have several questions.

1. Is there a way we can get 100% fill rates during testing even if they are junk ads? It’s hard to work on this not always seeing ads.

2. Is there a way to determine if I got an ad or not? I have display elements that I want to be at the bottom of the screen. I want to move this one element up to make room for the ad if I have one, if I do not, I want to slide it down to bottom.

3. I was looking at the app on the Nexus 7 and I got too small of an ad and it wasn’t at the bottom of the screen, but floated up a bit. I suspect this may be a size issue in the channel settings.

Thanks
Rob
[import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 332439[/import]

You can check impression counts on the website to know the fill rate of the app. We have a 100% fill rate on cross promotion but any ad networks you choose it’s up to them. You can select to “back fill” any ad network with cross promotion if you like. That insures yo’ll always see “something”.

There is a way to see if an ad was returned, just watch the Corona terminal for results.

You will likely need to adjust your screen settings in either the SDK or on the website dashboard to target the specific ad for your channel. If for whatever reason (especially on Android) the ad isn’t being located exactly at the bottom or top of the screen as specified in the SDK, you can always go “manual” and position the ad exactly where you want it.

Hope that helps!
Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129050[/import]

Watching the Corona terminal will tell me (the person) if I got one or not, but I need the app to know if it got an ad or not so it can behave properly and move display objects around if there is no ad. If it’s not possible, then I can let my client know.

My config.lua for the nexus 7 is using a 320x480 setup. Do I need to in that channel turn on the dynamicScaling? [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129081[/import]

You would need to build in some custom functionally to know if anything actually occupies the webview or webpopup where an ad “should be” in order to know if you need to make an alternate call.

You need to match whatever you haver setup in the config.lua file with the web parameters for that channel. Experimenting helps with Android. iOS is much more predictable.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129082[/import]

Is there an email address where I can email you screen shots because I think I’m doing it right. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129090[/import]

Yes, contact us on the LunarAds.com website and we can continue on from there.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129092[/import]

You can check impression counts on the website to know the fill rate of the app. We have a 100% fill rate on cross promotion but any ad networks you choose it’s up to them. You can select to “back fill” any ad network with cross promotion if you like. That insures yo’ll always see “something”.

There is a way to see if an ad was returned, just watch the Corona terminal for results.

You will likely need to adjust your screen settings in either the SDK or on the website dashboard to target the specific ad for your channel. If for whatever reason (especially on Android) the ad isn’t being located exactly at the bottom or top of the screen as specified in the SDK, you can always go “manual” and position the ad exactly where you want it.

Hope that helps!
Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129050[/import]

I don’t see a way to email you from the website. There are a couple contact forms, but I can’t upload screen shots and such. I’ll fill out a message and see if it starts an email for us to work on. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129147[/import]

No problem, I just meant for you to contact us (then) we could comm over email. I don’t generally give out email over the web due to the high volume of bots and spiders. Our email is support [at] lunarads.com

Best,
Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129149[/import]

Watching the Corona terminal will tell me (the person) if I got one or not, but I need the app to know if it got an ad or not so it can behave properly and move display objects around if there is no ad. If it’s not possible, then I can let my client know.

My config.lua for the nexus 7 is using a 320x480 setup. Do I need to in that channel turn on the dynamicScaling? [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129081[/import]

You would need to build in some custom functionally to know if anything actually occupies the webview or webpopup where an ad “should be” in order to know if you need to make an alternate call.

You need to match whatever you haver setup in the config.lua file with the web parameters for that channel. Experimenting helps with Android. iOS is much more predictable.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129082[/import]

I sent a contact form. I’ll wait until I get a response.

Thanks
Rob [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129152[/import]

Is there an email address where I can email you screen shots because I think I’m doing it right. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129090[/import]

Yes, contact us on the LunarAds.com website and we can continue on from there.

Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129092[/import]

I don’t see a way to email you from the website. There are a couple contact forms, but I can’t upload screen shots and such. I’ll fill out a message and see if it starts an email for us to work on. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129147[/import]

No problem, I just meant for you to contact us (then) we could comm over email. I don’t generally give out email over the web due to the high volume of bots and spiders. Our email is support [at] lunarads.com

Best,
Richard
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129149[/import]

I sent a contact form. I’ll wait until I get a response.

Thanks
Rob [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129152[/import]

Hi Rob,
I responded to your form request - did you not receive anything?
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129910[/import]

We have exchanged several emails, but I don’t know if they were in response to the form or the email I sent directly (looks like the email), so I can’t say for sure that I saw the response from the web form.

I ended up dropping ads from the one app where I was using Lunar Ads after I was getting a big close button at the top of the page with some black text that was impossible to read (dark patterned background) even though I was trying to put the ad in the center of the page.

But I have to get it working for a project for a client. [import]uid: 19626 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129913[/import]

Hi Rob,
I responded to your form request - did you not receive anything?
[import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 32439 reply_id: 129910[/import]