Mac OSX Build / Debug issues for iOS - Is it just me ?

hi folks,

I have tried this with build 3707 and 3709, but for some weird reason the post build steps are acting very weird for me, though given its a new machine I was digging myself before I would post here.

I am able to build the iOS app with certs and device profile just fine, but when I use util functions like “copy to device” and “syslog in simulator console” they don’t work for me.

For copy to device, I kept getting Bad CPU error with idevice packaged inside the Corona Simulator package. I fixed this by installing the latest one from brew and pointing to it.

Now I am trying to debug on device, and the logging is horrible, I can’t see any Corona print statements in the simulator log when copy to device runs. Is this due to me using an external idevice binary ?

I could see print logs in devices console in Xcode but they aren’t useful as not all logs are printing.

I feel I am missing something basic in config or something on my new machine which is causing this so wanted to save a few hours pulling my hair and thought would post here if anyone has any tips or ideas.

Using a Macbook Pro M2 with Ventura 13.6.6

Thanks

the same for me, I tried also on older 3649, no luck. I’m on Sonoma 14.5, tried iOS: 17.5.1 and 15.7.1

I tested the 3709 on a M1 Pro Mac and it worked fine, both “Copy to device” and “Open in Xcode iOS Simulator”.

For newly settled Mac user, please try installing Rosetta or via command line.