MacOS textbox and textfields not working.

Since the last mac update, the textbox and textfields are not working anymore. They don’t display text and it is not possible to input new text. We only have this on the MacOS build and on the simulator on Mac when working with a borderless view.

I just updated to Sierra and Xcode 8.0 and I am seeing the same thing.

Both in the simulator and in Mac OSX builds. I tried current public build and latest daily build.

[Edit]

Just discovered that same behavior applies to other native elements like native.newWebView

I submitted a bug report #6316552

Please take a look at this soon… It is impossible to update Mac OS X apps with native textfields or webviews.

[Edit]

– Steps to reproduce

1. Update to Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)

2. Create a main.lua with this code:

local tf = native.newTextField( display.contentCenterX, display.contentCenterY, 400, 50 ) tf.text = “Some text”

3. Switch Corona Simulator to a borderless skin ( eg. Apple TV skin ) or build for Mac OS X

Thanks for the bug report. We will look into it.

Rob

This issue was fixed in daily build 2016.2984

Thank you for the quick fix!

Does this issue just happen when you build on Sierra or when you run the app on Sierra but may have built with El Capitan?

I just tested an El Capitan built app on Sierra and it works fine.

So the problem only appears if you build on Sierra with daily build below 2016.2984

Great, thanks for the quick response.

I am afraid it was not completely true what I wrote in my previous post.

I tested an old build that I had in the app store and it worked for some reason, but now I just did a new test build with 2016.2949 on El Capitan and tried running it on Sierra. The bug was there.

So even though you are building on El Capitan make sure to use 2016.2984 or after.

It’s not a building issue, its a destination OS issue. If you’re going to deploy to Macs running Sierra you have to build with 2984 or later.

Rob

I just updated to Sierra and Xcode 8.0 and I am seeing the same thing.

Both in the simulator and in Mac OSX builds. I tried current public build and latest daily build.

[Edit]

Just discovered that same behavior applies to other native elements like native.newWebView

I submitted a bug report #6316552

Please take a look at this soon… It is impossible to update Mac OS X apps with native textfields or webviews.

[Edit]

– Steps to reproduce

1. Update to Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)

2. Create a main.lua with this code:

local tf = native.newTextField( display.contentCenterX, display.contentCenterY, 400, 50 ) tf.text = “Some text”

3. Switch Corona Simulator to a borderless skin ( eg. Apple TV skin ) or build for Mac OS X

Thanks for the bug report. We will look into it.

Rob

This issue was fixed in daily build 2016.2984

Thank you for the quick fix!

Does this issue just happen when you build on Sierra or when you run the app on Sierra but may have built with El Capitan?

I just tested an El Capitan built app on Sierra and it works fine.

So the problem only appears if you build on Sierra with daily build below 2016.2984

Great, thanks for the quick response.

I am afraid it was not completely true what I wrote in my previous post.

I tested an old build that I had in the app store and it worked for some reason, but now I just did a new test build with 2016.2949 on El Capitan and tried running it on Sierra. The bug was there.

So even though you are building on El Capitan make sure to use 2016.2984 or after.

It’s not a building issue, its a destination OS issue. If you’re going to deploy to Macs running Sierra you have to build with 2984 or later.

Rob