Make particles move towards the emitter

I know it’s possible, but I can’t do it.
I want particles starting in a ring and moving towards the emitter.
I tried with :

Properties.emissionShape = 2  
Properties.emissionRadius = 150  

But for the rest, I use sample_directionVariation base with no success. My particles move in erratic directions …

Any ideas ?

BTW, particle candy library is terrific :), it brings fun to coding ! [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 306200[/import]

Emitters are originally designed to emit (shoot) particles, not to attract them. Your result looks erratic because the directionVariation is added randomly to each particle, regardless of the emitter’s position.

However, we could add a particle property in the next update that will force particles to orientate towards the emitter’s position.

-> On the list. [import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 21411[/import]

Great !
Thx for the feedback (and waiting for the next update) [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 21436[/import]

Hm, this indeed enables very interesting effects…

WATCH VIDEO

Delicious :wink: [import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 21546[/import]

Indeed :slight_smile: [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 21663[/import]

I saw you updated your site with the new feature :))

How do we -happy owner of particles candy- update the library ? [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 22317[/import]

You will be mailed within the next couple of days. The mail includes a personal download link to download the latest version then. [import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 22318[/import]

I love it! [import]uid: 9371 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 22322[/import]

Did you include the vortex effect demo code in the latest release (can’t find it) ? [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 23195[/import]

We use it in one of our upcoming games, so we have to restrain it until one of the next updates then. However, you’ll find an explanation of this effect on our media page. It’s really as simple, it just depends on the graphics (particle images) used. This effect looks best when you use two or three different colored, half-transparent images that contain a “cloudy noise” and create something that looks like dust or clouds.

[import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 23248[/import]

OK, I knew I had seen the explanations …:slight_smile: [import]uid: 9328 topic_id: 6200 reply_id: 23271[/import]

Instead of start a new post and waste space I figure I just add on to this one since its close to what I am asking…Anyway, Is it possible to use our own images as particles and make them “clickable”?

I need to create an emitter that emits a series of random images that are clickable by the user. Can Particle Candy do that? Please advise.

Instead of start a new post and waste space I figure I just add on to this one since its close to what I am asking…Anyway, Is it possible to use our own images as particles and make them “clickable”?

I need to create an emitter that emits a series of random images that are clickable by the user. Can Particle Candy do that? Please advise.