MangoMobileTV

Apple finally approved a business app I have been working on for over a year. This actually was my “Hello World” intro to the Corona SDK. I started learning Corona by working in this app. 

MangoMobileTV is like Netflix or Hulu for Bollyworld.  Every movie is either in Telugu or Hindi. The app does require an account with user name and password however there are several free previews available without having to login. 

Right now it is available for the iPad only. An android version is getting tested and should be available soon. 

A note about business apps. Businesses want apps but can’t program themselves. Business have money they can invest.  Getting hired by a business to create an app is no way near as exciting as building a game for yourself, but there is money to be made.  Food for thought. 

Chris Rennie

Congratulations!!! This is most exciting. I can only imagine the loops you must have had to jump through to get an app like this approved. Well done!!!

There were some issues for sure. The biggest challenge for me was having to deal with all my testing done on a device as the simulator doesn’t do native stuff that great.

Here’s how this works:

Make change

Build for device

load on to device

test on device

Make change

Build for device

load on to device

test on device 

I am glad it is finally published. Hopefully the Android version will get the go as well. 

Chris Rennie

Congratulations!!! This is most exciting. I can only imagine the loops you must have had to jump through to get an app like this approved. Well done!!!

There were some issues for sure. The biggest challenge for me was having to deal with all my testing done on a device as the simulator doesn’t do native stuff that great.

Here’s how this works:

Make change

Build for device

load on to device

test on device

Make change

Build for device

load on to device

test on device 

I am glad it is finally published. Hopefully the Android version will get the go as well. 

Chris Rennie