Map marker - any way to eliminate the drop and bounce animation?

When using addMarker, is there anyway to eliminate the drop and bounce animation of the marker itself? The desired behavior is to just appear on the map.

Thanks

Try supplying a custom marker image. In that case they just appear with no animation.

Thanks for the reply ksan. I am actually using a custom marker image. A png file and still getting the animation.

No worries. Which platform? I was looking at IOS and it looks like there is almost no animation with custom icon. 

Ok. I think the custom image animation persistance is an Android only phenomenon and there is probably on way around it as Corona SDK simply makes use of the underlying OS component (I might be wrong on this one of course).

However, I think I found a workaround. The map gets created, loaded and then the markers go on it with the animation. I find that if you create the map but immediately move it out of sight like so : 

myMap.alpha = 0 myMap.x, myMap.y = -1000, -1000 

and perhaps put a “Please Wait” sort of screen filler, you get the map loaded and animations done with in the background. 

You can then bring the map back in sight and the markers will be in place with no animation. It is a crude workaround at best but it might be still better than the animated markers if you really hate them. 

Try supplying a custom marker image. In that case they just appear with no animation.

Thanks for the reply ksan. I am actually using a custom marker image. A png file and still getting the animation.

No worries. Which platform? I was looking at IOS and it looks like there is almost no animation with custom icon. 

Ok. I think the custom image animation persistance is an Android only phenomenon and there is probably on way around it as Corona SDK simply makes use of the underlying OS component (I might be wrong on this one of course).

However, I think I found a workaround. The map gets created, loaded and then the markers go on it with the animation. I find that if you create the map but immediately move it out of sight like so : 

myMap.alpha = 0 myMap.x, myMap.y = -1000, -1000 

and perhaps put a “Please Wait” sort of screen filler, you get the map loaded and animations done with in the background. 

You can then bring the map back in sight and the markers will be in place with no animation. It is a crude workaround at best but it might be still better than the animated markers if you really hate them.