Hi i have a new app coming to the market and about $4,000 to market

-ads Admob or facebook ads? or none $1000
-Website ads on gaming sites about $99/mo
-App Trailer or Gameplay video?$500
-App reviews free and paid?$500

Are these good and any other ideas and experiences please share thank you

1. Don’t pay for game reviews.
  2. Use dopresskit.com.

As Alex said, don’t pay for review site (NEVER EVER!).

Invest time and the 75$/month in ASO with SensorTower… this is the way to go theses days :wink:

AdMob is good to get download for the day your ad is running.

what about an app trailer or app gameplay? or website ads on gaming sites

Sorry I don’t have much experience, but I did experimented with Reddit ads. I got a CPC of $0.11 with a catchy title. I think this is pretty cheap.

that sounds awesome can you send me a link of your add

https://www.reddit.com/comments/2jzktk/mobile_poker_games_are_terrible_so_i_made_a_good/

I was a bit nervous to have that title but added a comment to soften the arrogance :slight_smile: I ran it on r/Android linking directly to Google Play. 

Stats: https://www.dropbox.com/s/18d0jz9nwu15d9o/Screenshot%202014-10-31%2011.55.37.png?dl=0

I think those clicks include both people that just checked the comments and those who clicked through, probably comment only clicks are a very big portion. I’m sort of guessing out of the blue but probably I spent a buck on each install. The sample is so small though, I spent less than $20. 

People really seem to like my game and monetization is going well considering amount of players (certainly not considering time spent making the thing)…  So my next move is to make an update that rewards getting friends to play and then I will try to advertise again in various places.

thank you sir for this and how would you go about awarding friends for signing up because that can get hard to do unless their logged in players

No problem.

Its just a simple referral system but instead of using referral codes users choose which one of their (registered) friends told them about the game and then both he and the friend gets in game currency and unlock all the features for x amount of days (after the new user completes 1 tournament). Usually this kind of thing is automated through facebook but I didn’t want to limit it to those users.

But can’t the user choose someone new each day. I am looking to do this as well because i have an app that uses parse.

I have my own server but same thing should work with Parse I guess. Basically the client has to check with the server if the user has ever been referred before. Also after choosing the referrer I hide that option on the client. 

I also put a limit on how many people each user can refer so that if they decide to fabricate these users to get referral bonuses they can’t do it forever. 

This isn’t live yet so I have no idea how successful it will be but it looks like this :slight_smile:

OzR1Tsx.png

ybA4NLC.png

1. Don’t pay for game reviews.
  2. Use dopresskit.com.

As Alex said, don’t pay for review site (NEVER EVER!).

Invest time and the 75$/month in ASO with SensorTower… this is the way to go theses days :wink:

AdMob is good to get download for the day your ad is running.

what about an app trailer or app gameplay? or website ads on gaming sites

Sorry I don’t have much experience, but I did experimented with Reddit ads. I got a CPC of $0.11 with a catchy title. I think this is pretty cheap.

that sounds awesome can you send me a link of your add

https://www.reddit.com/comments/2jzktk/mobile_poker_games_are_terrible_so_i_made_a_good/

I was a bit nervous to have that title but added a comment to soften the arrogance :slight_smile: I ran it on r/Android linking directly to Google Play. 

Stats: https://www.dropbox.com/s/18d0jz9nwu15d9o/Screenshot%202014-10-31%2011.55.37.png?dl=0

I think those clicks include both people that just checked the comments and those who clicked through, probably comment only clicks are a very big portion. I’m sort of guessing out of the blue but probably I spent a buck on each install. The sample is so small though, I spent less than $20. 

People really seem to like my game and monetization is going well considering amount of players (certainly not considering time spent making the thing)…  So my next move is to make an update that rewards getting friends to play and then I will try to advertise again in various places.

thank you sir for this and how would you go about awarding friends for signing up because that can get hard to do unless their logged in players

No problem.

Its just a simple referral system but instead of using referral codes users choose which one of their (registered) friends told them about the game and then both he and the friend gets in game currency and unlock all the features for x amount of days (after the new user completes 1 tournament). Usually this kind of thing is automated through facebook but I didn’t want to limit it to those users.

But can’t the user choose someone new each day. I am looking to do this as well because i have an app that uses parse.