Me again. Win 7 64 bit issue :)

Hello! Version 2.5.1 (4) now doesn’t even see the folders I drag from my dropbox account now. main.lua just acts like they’re not even there. I actually have to type in the folder path name out in dropbox land:

-- Include our damage module  
report = require ("Libraries\\Report")  

and then it sees it, which defeats the whole folder dragging into CPM feature that I so loved in the first place! So I’m heading back to 2.22!! Looking forward to you getting your Win 7 64 bit dev env!! so I can help you rigorously test it to the limit!

:wink:

-Mario [import]uid: 11636 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 313960[/import]

Are you sure it’s a CPM issue and not a Dropbox issue? Is there any way to know for sure?

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51384[/import]

Oh absolutely I’m sure, I tested it before I posted.

To test it, I uninstalled the latest version of CPM, and reinstalled trusty old version 222 and it worked a charm.

Again, to replicate issue:
Updated to newest version of CPM
Dragged Dropbox folders to CPM project
Run program
Fail.

Uninstalled latest version of CPM
Reinstalled v222
Dragged Dropbox folders to CPM project
Run program
Success

To note, the actual error message was to the effect “Cannot find report.lua in package contents” or somn like that.

[import]uid: 11636 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51459[/import]

No, but you see, I *really* *really* want it to be Dropbox’s fault!

Maybe you could keep trying until that happens?

Or, I’ll see if I can’t dig up a machine this weekend to install Win 7 666-bit on and see what it does here. Either way is fine with me. :slight_smile:

Jay

PS - Going through my notes I think I upgraded my compiler between v2.2.2 and now, so I could create a build with the old compiler – if so, would you want to try it and see if it works for you? No need to uninstall your current one, you can run the new one from the desktop (as long as the other one isn’t running at the same time). Lemme know.
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51493[/import]

Hey absolutely I’d be in to testing a different build from a different compiler, you kidding? :slight_smile: Anything to help you out.

Gimme a link and I’ll test that bad boy out! I have TWO separate win 7 64 boxes to test on, one at home and one at work as to fully confirm it’s not just a dumb error on my box here at home.
[import]uid: 11636 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51674[/import]

Here’s the version built with the old compiler:

http://coronaprojectmanager.com/files/CPMWinTest.zip

You should be able to unzip that onto your desktop and run it from there – just make sure your installed version of CPM isn’t running at the same time.

Jay

PS - Oh yeah, cross your fingers. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51709[/import]

Still no joy. Pretty rad though, I ran the one you gave me the link for, it saw my existing projects, I hit RUN and splat. Same error. Ran my trusty ol’ 222 one and POOF! runs like a charm! :slight_smile:

Still love your show.
Still love your product!

-Mario [import]uid: 11636 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51880[/import]

Argh!

Do you have an easy way top record your screen, something like Camtasia or Jing? If I could actually *SEE* what’s happening I’m more likely to be able to track down the problem. (My reading comprehension skills are well above average, but I’m a visually-oriented person.)

Or something like http://www.screenr.com/ allows you to record your screen without even downloading and installing something.

If you can make a video showing the problem, email me a link: j@jawhye.com

Thanks.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51906[/import]

As the French say, “regarde”:

http://www.screenr.com/mOgs

Enjoy!

I’m basically dragging the folder named “Libraries” into CPM so it can see all my files in that directory.

I say “require” like normal in LUA

I declare a local instance of that function.

I execute the test feature in that function, and it prints to the console. All this works in 2.22

BUT when I fire up that test build you gave me the link to, it fails to ‘see’ that folder out in Dropbox land.

I then again fire up v 2.22 to ensure I’m not smoking tweed and it sure enough works again. ??? :wink:

But as a coder, I’m sure you LIVE for this kind of AWESOME troubleshooting! :slight_smile:

Holler if you want to do some more troubleshooting!

Best,
Mario

[edit] Also, imagine a cranky snarling noise when you see my mouse flying around as it errors out! [import]uid: 11636 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 51925[/import]

Thank you so much for the detailed info and the screencast, I’ve spent the last several days working on other issues but I’m going to pound on this one over the weekend and see what happens.

Also, the next version, 2.6.0, is available for anyone who wants to test – while I wasn’t trying to fix that specific problem, I did fix some other Windows-only errors, so it might be worth testing:

Windows version: http://coronaprojectmanager.com/files/test/CPM-Setup.zip

That’s the entire installer package and will probably be the one that’s released to the general public after the weekend.

My fingers are crossed.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 13960 reply_id: 52827[/import]