media.playVideo black screens and iOS14

Hello. I have an app that I created about 3 years ago in Corona engine and haven’t touched since. I recently have been getting messages from users complaining of videos showing up as just a black screen on iOS 14. Decided to start digging into the problem and found the old Corona project and it’s main.lua file and I see I’m calling media.playVideo to play some m4v files. I did a search in these forums for “videos ios 14” and didn’t see any obvious references. I’m gonna keep digging around, but any ideas on whether this is a known issue? Is this something that can be fixed with the Corona/Solar2D engine or is this something Apple is looking into? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there - I’ve had his problem too. Did you find a solution?

Simon :slight_smile:

Yeah, luckily I just downloaded the most recent version of the Solar2D/Corona engine and recompiled the project. I think I had to clean up a few simple new errors, but videos seemed to play fine now with no changes needed to the lua video playback code or the videos themselves. So presumably it was a known issue in the engine that was eventually fixed/updated sometime in the last few years.

Brilliant - thank you!