Microphone access check?

Is there a way to check if the microphone is being used? Like for example:

A person is talking into the mic and then stops… when the person has stopped for about 2 seconds there should be an action.

Can this be done somehow?

Thanks for your help,

Daniela

Hi Daniela,

I don’t know of any way to detect if the microphone has stopped receiving a desired threshold of audio input. I think you’ll need to trigger this another way. Of course a standard button is the easiest, but if the user will be talking into the device by his/her ear (as if speaking into a phone), you might be able to detect a sudden signal to the accelerometer that may indicate that the user has moved the device down to where they can view it (as if they completed the “phone call” and are now looking at the phone in front of them). Of course, that might cause more issues than it solves, but maybe it’s worth a try. :slight_smile:

Brent

Thx for the info Brent! Much appreciated!

Hi Daniela,

I don’t know of any way to detect if the microphone has stopped receiving a desired threshold of audio input. I think you’ll need to trigger this another way. Of course a standard button is the easiest, but if the user will be talking into the device by his/her ear (as if speaking into a phone), you might be able to detect a sudden signal to the accelerometer that may indicate that the user has moved the device down to where they can view it (as if they completed the “phone call” and are now looking at the phone in front of them). Of course, that might cause more issues than it solves, but maybe it’s worth a try. :slight_smile:

Brent

Thx for the info Brent! Much appreciated!