probably it is a dumb question and there is some really apparent thing that I’m missing, but I don’t know how to specify the minimum supported SDK version when building an app for iPhone.
I’m using the public Corona version, so I can select the dropdown with the SDK version to use for the build (set to 9.2), but it seems there is no way to specify the Minimum iOS Version.
In fact uploading the build on iTunes I see that the Minimum iOS Version is 6.0, but I’d much like it to be 7.x.
My problem though is that I built the app selecting SDK 9.2, uploaded it on iTunes and the store published it with Minimum iOS Version 6.0.
How is it possible since I read that:
Apple iOS apps run on the SDK they are compiled against and two older versions of iOS. So iOS 9 built apps will run on iOS 8 and iOS 7. If you need to still support iOS 6, you would need to build against iOS 8.
I’m using Corona build 2016.2806 (2016.1.9).
How can I make sure the app I’m building has the correct minimum sdk version? And how to fix it?
The idea for setting minimumOS is if your app uses a feature that doesn’t work in an older version. For instance, if your app requires 3D touch which is an iOS 9 only feature, you would set the MinimumOSVersion to “9.0” and when people with iOS 8 devices go to iTunes, they will not be presented with your app since you said it only works on iOS 9.
It doesn’t do you any good to put in MinimumOSVersion = “3.2” since we don’t support builds that old any way. You can’t use it to make us go back in time, only restrict older devices from using your app.
I’m posting here even if it’s the post is a little bit old. But I’d like to be sure to understand properly : if I want to set the MinimumOSVersion to iOS 8.0, knowing that I’m using iOS SDK 9.2 and I’ve got the latest public build of Corona SDK, I only need to set :
{ MinimumOSVersion = "8.0" }
It doesn’t matter which iOS SDK I’m using, as long as it is compatible with iOS 8.0 ? Am I correct ?
My problem though is that I built the app selecting SDK 9.2, uploaded it on iTunes and the store published it with Minimum iOS Version 6.0.
How is it possible since I read that:
Apple iOS apps run on the SDK they are compiled against and two older versions of iOS. So iOS 9 built apps will run on iOS 8 and iOS 7. If you need to still support iOS 6, you would need to build against iOS 8.
I’m using Corona build 2016.2806 (2016.1.9).
How can I make sure the app I’m building has the correct minimum sdk version? And how to fix it?
The idea for setting minimumOS is if your app uses a feature that doesn’t work in an older version. For instance, if your app requires 3D touch which is an iOS 9 only feature, you would set the MinimumOSVersion to “9.0” and when people with iOS 8 devices go to iTunes, they will not be presented with your app since you said it only works on iOS 9.
It doesn’t do you any good to put in MinimumOSVersion = “3.2” since we don’t support builds that old any way. You can’t use it to make us go back in time, only restrict older devices from using your app.
I’m posting here even if it’s the post is a little bit old. But I’d like to be sure to understand properly : if I want to set the MinimumOSVersion to iOS 8.0, knowing that I’m using iOS SDK 9.2 and I’ve got the latest public build of Corona SDK, I only need to set :
{ MinimumOSVersion = "8.0" }
It doesn’t matter which iOS SDK I’m using, as long as it is compatible with iOS 8.0 ? Am I correct ?