MIsc observations/issues

In playing around and breaking/fixing things with your help over the last week I have a couple “observations”

When opening a new .ldf file directly it opens the last file that was open in LD. Not a big deal but it was a gotcha for me when I first started…ie I copied an example project over to a new location to “play” with it. When opening the ldf it opened the one I had opened in the original folder and I wasn’t paying attention to the file path up top. So when I started making changes it made them in the original folder. 

When removing objects from an example then saving exporting out it does not always update the level01.lua file? I did check the export path and that’s correct. So when you re-open the ldf it’s still looking for objects and shows them missing on start up.

Overall I love the tools so far. I’ve been able to build a basic scroller game pretty much from scratch in very little time (for me as I’m still a noob at Corona). 

Hi,

I’ve fixed the issue when you open a ldf file directly and if you email me at support@retrofitproductions.com I’ll send you a daily build of it.

I wonder if your file still had references to the old project which might explain why things were not expecting correctly, if you can send me your project I will certainly take a look.

Currently I’m working on the ability to create a new project from scratch which hopefully will make things much simpler :o)

Thanks for you feedback and support.

Done and thank you!

Guess what??? More questions…lol

How does LD work with device scaling/size/layout in Corona SDK? What takes precedence? Settings on LD? Settings in config.lua? I’m getting some unexpected results when moving away from the basic iPhone 320x480.

Just emailed you a link to the daily build.

With regards to scaling LD doesn’t really deal with scaling as such but relies on your config file and device size.

So with LD you would design for a single target e.g. ipad and then include the corresponding scaled images to support the other platforms.

In your config file you would need to tell it which files relate to what scaling factors e.g. X2 (there is a good tutorial somewhere on this)

There is a bug in the LD v2.7 with regards to spritesheets where it does not export the width and height of the spritesheet itself therefore dynamic scaling doesn’t work.

In the version I just emailed you it fixes that.

Update:

New build runs great!!! Able to open ldf files directly. 

Can also rename project folders now without breaking things.

Hi,

I’ve fixed the issue when you open a ldf file directly and if you email me at support@retrofitproductions.com I’ll send you a daily build of it.

I wonder if your file still had references to the old project which might explain why things were not expecting correctly, if you can send me your project I will certainly take a look.

Currently I’m working on the ability to create a new project from scratch which hopefully will make things much simpler :o)

Thanks for you feedback and support.

Done and thank you!

Guess what??? More questions…lol

How does LD work with device scaling/size/layout in Corona SDK? What takes precedence? Settings on LD? Settings in config.lua? I’m getting some unexpected results when moving away from the basic iPhone 320x480.

Just emailed you a link to the daily build.

With regards to scaling LD doesn’t really deal with scaling as such but relies on your config file and device size.

So with LD you would design for a single target e.g. ipad and then include the corresponding scaled images to support the other platforms.

In your config file you would need to tell it which files relate to what scaling factors e.g. X2 (there is a good tutorial somewhere on this)

There is a bug in the LD v2.7 with regards to spritesheets where it does not export the width and height of the spritesheet itself therefore dynamic scaling doesn’t work.

In the version I just emailed you it fixes that.

Update:

New build runs great!!! Able to open ldf files directly. 

Can also rename project folders now without breaking things.