Mochi Golf Adventure

Hello!

I’ve just released Mochi Golf Adventure, my first iOS game (android coming soon). 

It’s a golf/physics-based puzzle where you throw a little Mochi (a Japanese rice cake) through mazes filled with traps and bonuses, trying to find the exit with the smallest number of shots :slight_smile:

Check it out, it’s free!

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mochi-golf-adventure/id1235849162?mt=8

Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pxlartificer.mochigolf

Here’s a video of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPL1Voyu6Kk 

This looks amazing!

Thank you richard! :slight_smile:

It looks great. I love it. Great job.

I haven’t used this word to describe a lot of things, but it looks… simply delightful :smiley: Your hard work really shows!

By the way, I’m not sure if it is intentional, but the youtube video loses audio after around 2:40.

I’m also curious as to what approach you took to create that rolling effect for the mochi ball?

Yeah it looks fantastic! very well designed. looking forward to the android version

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Yeah, you’re right, actually I’m still working on a proper promotional video (similar to the one in the AppStore), I just wanted to upload something in the meanwhile, so it was basically a straight screen capture with a free stock music from youtube :slight_smile:

Regarding the rolling effect, I tried a few different approaches (even with openglshaders to simulate the rotation, but didn’t look that good), so in the end I made a sphere in a 3D modeling software, applied the face of the character as a texture and then rendered the full rotation.

I loaded all the frames in a image sheet/sprite in Corona and linked the animation to the speed of the ball (so that it looks like it’s rolling on a surface). Oh, and I rotate the object according to the direction it’s currently moving.

Damn, I had a chat about how you did it with a friend of mine, and while both of us thought that the “easiest” way would be to do exactly what you described, neither one of us believed that you had actually taken that route. I guess the effect just looked too good and fooled us both. :smiley:

This looks amazing!

Thank you richard! :slight_smile:

It looks great. I love it. Great job.

I haven’t used this word to describe a lot of things, but it looks… simply delightful :smiley: Your hard work really shows!

By the way, I’m not sure if it is intentional, but the youtube video loses audio after around 2:40.

I’m also curious as to what approach you took to create that rolling effect for the mochi ball?

Yeah it looks fantastic! very well designed. looking forward to the android version

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Yeah, you’re right, actually I’m still working on a proper promotional video (similar to the one in the AppStore), I just wanted to upload something in the meanwhile, so it was basically a straight screen capture with a free stock music from youtube :slight_smile:

Regarding the rolling effect, I tried a few different approaches (even with openglshaders to simulate the rotation, but didn’t look that good), so in the end I made a sphere in a 3D modeling software, applied the face of the character as a texture and then rendered the full rotation.

I loaded all the frames in a image sheet/sprite in Corona and linked the animation to the speed of the ball (so that it looks like it’s rolling on a surface). Oh, and I rotate the object according to the direction it’s currently moving.

Damn, I had a chat about how you did it with a friend of mine, and while both of us thought that the “easiest” way would be to do exactly what you described, neither one of us believed that you had actually taken that route. I guess the effect just looked too good and fooled us both. :smiley: