module 'plugin_appnext' not found

Hello!

I am trying to integrate appnext ads into my game. I’ve registered with them and received my Placement ID. Now I am building for Android and following all the steps from here:

I’ve updated build.settings and added require statement in main.lua. However, when I try opening my game in the Simulator or building it, it fails with the ERROR:

22:19:22.513 ERROR: Runtime error
22:19:22.513 D:\a\corona\corona\platform\resources\init.lua:931: module ‘plugin_appnext’ not found:
22:19:22.513 no field package.preload[‘plugin_appnext’]

I’ve also downloaded the Sample App referenced on this page:

https://www.appnext.com/plugins/coronaTestApp.zip

And it fails the same way with the same error. Has anything changed with plugin integration in general or appnext in particular? Do I need to download appnext plugin myself from somewhere? Please advise!

Thanks,
Maria

The appnext plugin was maintained by appnext. I don’t believe they transitioned over to solar2d. You should contact them and see if they have a plan for their plugin and solar2d.

OK, thanks for letting me know, I will reach out to them. But in case they don’t have a good plan for this plugin, is there another ad service you recommend that is known to work with solar2d? I am just figuring out the integration, so would be happy to use anything that works.

OK, thanks for letting me know, I will reach out to them. But in case they don’t have a good plan for this plugin, is there another ad service you recommend that is known to work with solar2d? I am just figuring out the integration, so would be happy to use anything that works.

@Scott_Harrison has an ironsource plugin for a cost that he supports. I have a ironsource and mopub free on my github (no support). Recently I have been converting most of my apps to mopub because I can easily add FlexOffers.com banner ads and I am getting an eCPM of .24 for those.

But if you are just starting out and don’t have time to muck around I would suggest Admob.

1 Like