Mongo authentication error

Running 2.6.

My users reported a problem which turns out to be an authentication error in the Mongo database. I have not changed anything. Trying to log in with NOsqlBooster does not work, gets me this error - any ideas?

“message” : “Authentication failed.”,

“stack” : “MongoError: Authentication failed.” +

“at /Applications/NoSQLBooster for MongoDB.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:595:61” +

“at authenticateStragglers (/Applications/NoSQLBooster for MongoDB.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:513:16)” +

“at Connection.messageHandler (/Applications/NoSQLBooster for MongoDB.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:549:5)” +

“at emitMessageHandler (/Applications/NoSQLBooster for MongoDB.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:309:10)” +

“at Socket.<anonymous> (/Applications/NoSQLBooster for MongoDB.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:452:17)” +

“at emitOne (events.js:115:13)” +

“at Socket.emit (events.js:210:7)” +

“at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:252:12)” +

“at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:239:11)” +

“at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:197:10)” +

“at TCP.onread (net.js:589:20)”,

“name” : “MongoError”,

“ok” : 0,

“errmsg” : “Authentication failed.”,

“code” : 18,

“codeName” : “AuthenticationFailed”

Hi,

Can I look at your instance? That would be the quickest way to troubleshoot. If so PM me details.

Also, are you hosting on AWS or DigitalOcean?

-dev

OK, I emailed you credentials. I’m on DO

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. The cause is still being investigated though.

If anyone else runs into this issue, let me know.

-dev

The Coronium developer was too respectful to add that the cause of this Mongo failure was subsequently identified as my own lack of password integrity, which led to a random and malicious hack! After assessing the problem, he spent several hours helping me migrate my Coronium server, scripts and files – which had been damaged in the attack – to a new box.

Customer service here is truly above and beyond, helpful, knowledgable and timely. 

Hi,

Can I look at your instance? That would be the quickest way to troubleshoot. If so PM me details.

Also, are you hosting on AWS or DigitalOcean?

-dev

OK, I emailed you credentials. I’m on DO

Hi,

This issue has been resolved. The cause is still being investigated though.

If anyone else runs into this issue, let me know.

-dev

The Coronium developer was too respectful to add that the cause of this Mongo failure was subsequently identified as my own lack of password integrity, which led to a random and malicious hack! After assessing the problem, he spent several hours helping me migrate my Coronium server, scripts and files – which had been damaged in the attack – to a new box.

Customer service here is truly above and beyond, helpful, knowledgable and timely.