MTE and collision detection

Do I just use corona physics for collision detection?  Does mte have an example of this?

Thanks, Greg

I highly recommend using Corona Physics for collision detection. It simplifies the task by handling a huge amount of the work you would otherwise have to do yourself. The Platformer - Angled Physics sample project uses physics objects for platforming physics, so that may be a good place to start. None of the samples use physics collision events, however.

ok, that’s how I will go, my environment is zero g, I wasn’t sure how that would work compares to a gravity based game.  Thanks for answering all my questions, btw!  I’m learning fast.

Thanks, Greg

Hi Dyson, 

It would be great , if we have example on corona physics collision detection. Thanks. 

I think this is overkill. You can find plenty of corona physics collision examples in the sample code that corona provide with the sdk.

The principles are still the same :slight_smile:

I agree with Gremlin here. Once a map is loaded into MTE it functions much like any other collection of display objects and physics bodies. Corona Labs have produced thorough documentation and sample code for their physics API. There is still much work to do! I can’t afford to spend time reinventing the wheel. 

I highly recommend using Corona Physics for collision detection. It simplifies the task by handling a huge amount of the work you would otherwise have to do yourself. The Platformer - Angled Physics sample project uses physics objects for platforming physics, so that may be a good place to start. None of the samples use physics collision events, however.

ok, that’s how I will go, my environment is zero g, I wasn’t sure how that would work compares to a gravity based game.  Thanks for answering all my questions, btw!  I’m learning fast.

Thanks, Greg

Hi Dyson, 

It would be great , if we have example on corona physics collision detection. Thanks. 

I think this is overkill. You can find plenty of corona physics collision examples in the sample code that corona provide with the sdk.

The principles are still the same :slight_smile:

I agree with Gremlin here. Once a map is loaded into MTE it functions much like any other collection of display objects and physics bodies. Corona Labs have produced thorough documentation and sample code for their physics API. There is still much work to do! I can’t afford to spend time reinventing the wheel.