My bare bones HTML5 project

I have an app that I need to port, but I was having problems, so I tried to make a bare bones HTML5 project. I have attached it as a zip file. However even this bare bones project does not work for me. So I feel I must be doing something very basic wrong. But I just don’t know what.

The project contains only a build.settings main.lua.

build.settings:

settings = { orientation = { default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", }, }, }

main.lua:

display.newCircle(display.actualContentWidth\*0.5,display.actualContentHeight\*0.5,50)

This draws a white circle in the center of the screen. That is all.

I build HTML5 with both options unchecked (I also tried with Include Standard Resources check, makes no difference), the error I get is:

exception thrown: TypeError: cannot read property ‘length’ of null

Followed by several other errors. See attached.

I can see this is working for loads of other people, so what am I doing wrong? 

What browser are you using?

Are you on Windows or a Mac?

What version of Corona are you using?

I ran your sample in Chrome using 2019.3519 and it worked as expected.

I’m sorry guy… was using “Brave” browser… Shortly after I posted this, I found that by turning off “shields” everything worked.

I wanted to delete my post, but it was held in some kind of queue, so I could not see it.

Perhaps if someone has exactly the same error, this can help them.

Also I found that “npm” server cannot work with the “blob” loads from x.bin and x.data stuff that the generated index.html needs to do… however 

python3 -m http.server

works fine.

First time posters are held in a moderation queue as a spam preventer. We also don’t like deleting posts because someone else can come behind you and learn from your post.

Rob

What browser are you using?

Are you on Windows or a Mac?

What version of Corona are you using?

I ran your sample in Chrome using 2019.3519 and it worked as expected.

I’m sorry guy… was using “Brave” browser… Shortly after I posted this, I found that by turning off “shields” everything worked.

I wanted to delete my post, but it was held in some kind of queue, so I could not see it.

Perhaps if someone has exactly the same error, this can help them.

Also I found that “npm” server cannot work with the “blob” loads from x.bin and x.data stuff that the generated index.html needs to do… however 

python3 -m http.server

works fine.

First time posters are held in a moderation queue as a spam preventer. We also don’t like deleting posts because someone else can come behind you and learn from your post.

Rob