My Review of CPM - Before, During, and After Release of a Game

I have been a hard critic of CPM earlier when I was developing our game. We had been under crunch time at work and with the game as the budget we had was drying up fast. Even from the start we didn’t have much of a window to pull our game together and get it released. Because of this we searched out an IDE to help us get up and running as fast as possible.

This led us to Corona Project Manager. At first we got up and running extremely quick and found that Corona and CPM let us come up with ideas and try them out as quick as possible. This was amazing and nothing else like it was out there that matched up to the speed of use.

Then we had some issues… I got frustrated because CPM was honestly at an early stage in development and crashed quite a bit. I was frustrated and complained a little, probably hurt some feelings, etc… But then the updates came out (not because of me, they were already planned) and CPM really started to take shape. If you didn’t have a feature or shortcut that you wanted it didn’t seem to take long after asking to get what you needed/wanted.

Now days, CPM is a truly powerful tool with a strong support from its creator. He’s built contests, his own showcase, and is always out promoting what can be done with CPM (which also helps us game developers). I am thankful I purchased CPM and plan on continuing to use it even though other IDE’s have since come out. Now that I’m an avid CPM user I find it hard to jump to something else, and with the new features coming out all the time it’s a tough IDE to beat.

So thanks, take a look at it, and make your own decision… I just felt that it was time to give credit where it was due…

David Nelson
PakAttack Build. Defend. Destroy!

Like us on facebook!
www.ThePakAttack.com [import]uid: 27681 topic_id: 28458 reply_id: 328458[/import]

David,

Thanks so much for that testimonial! While CPM still isn’t perfect, I’m still working on it and have plans for greater stability and more awesome features in the near and not-so-near future. :slight_smile:

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 28458 reply_id: 115072[/import]